Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod

PreviousPage 2 of 15Next

Okay, I'm using a hacky workaround. Hopefully the later-items-replace-earlier-ones rule still holds...

Falsi sumus crusto!

"Flammable Lemon Cubes".

WTF? Lol, are those going to have a special Lemon Cube button or something?

:thumbup:

Signatures are overrated.

The way they work is like this:

There are torches, which ignite when they receive power. Once they're on, they stay on indefinitely.

If a lemoncube touches a laser or a burning torch, it ignites. After thirty seconds it blows up.

So you can ignite more torches by carrying burning cubes to them, but don't hold on to them for too long. You could make some great puzzles with this and a Sendificator.

You can also burn turrets and such, but the lemoncubes are the most interesting.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Looks interesting! What is the format of those ".test" files? Is it just an "Item" block from editoritems.txt?

As for the sendificator model: it sounds like a terrible job having to make that in Propper. (I'm assuming that you're building it out of brushes? Ugh...)
Instead, how about I make a model for you, based on the real one? I was planning to make my own sendificator add-on some time, so I need one anyway. (Got plenty of time, since my Halloween project exploded and I'm not really busy with something else.)

By the way, the 3DS selection meshes are just low-res representations of the parts, like collision meshes in the game itself. If you type "puzzlemaker_drawselectionmeshes 1" in the console, you can see them. When making one, scale it to 1/128 of the in-game size.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Thanks, HMW! I have a pretty "good" Sendificator model now, although it's pretty simplified (the base is a cylinder and a block, then a cylinder up, a block across, and a wedge down). Propper is a great thing. I'm sure a "real" (ie, modelled) one would be much better, this one is just a placeholder.

Do you know of a way to turn an SMD into a 3DS without any paid or trial-version program? Propper can't make one, but it does make reference SMDs.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Vacuum tubes finished, they're fun. Now I just need to fix the flip-flops and the Shadows of Time fizzlers.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Lemons, bombs, and vactubes, all in one screenshot!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =107498079

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Do you know of a way to turn an SMD into a 3DS without any paid or trial-version program?

Blender can export 3DS files directly; that's how I make them. The SMD tools for Blender can also import reference SMDs, so you could just convert them that way. (Remember to scale it down before exporting!)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
FelixGriffin wrote:
Vacuum tubes finished, they're fun. Now I just need to fix the flip-flops and the Shadows of Time fizzlers.

Are yo adding the sot mechanic as well?.

Big Mood

Yes, although that just broke today. :S

If I can't fix it I'll release without.

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 2 of 15Next