Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Epic Introduction Thread

PreviousPage 48 of 51Next

Hi everyone! My name is Hanna, but everybody calls me "Catherine" - Katarzyna, in my language, because English isn't my motherlanguage. Nice to meet you.

Hello Portal Community!!! A long time portaler here, but new to the forum- it was nice that I could finally register!!
I grew up on the central coast of California where you really could "surf" your life away... and I practically did XD. I had a childhood friend who got me into video games, it all started back in the day with that bloody Nintendo hahaha! From there, it later progressed to Half-Life, TFC, TF2, Portal, and so on. TF2 and Portal are usually what I play these days. After playing so many Portal Mods and Campaigns, my interest has turned toward map creation. I haven't had the time to learn Hammer yet, so I'm just using the PTI Puzzle Creator for now. There's so many talented portal players and map designers here- I'm looking forward to learning from you all. Cheers!!

Hello! I am splatt, as you already know. I've been mapping with Source for quite some time now, and as such, am quite familiar with Hammer. I've gotten into Portal 2 maps just recently, so I figured it would be appropriate to join the forum. I started mapping with Portal 2 since I really love the aesthetics and styles of the game, as well as the assets the game uses.
I also do some stuff with music composing sometimes, but not often; mainly piano.
I hope I get to know all of you, and I'm excited to learn from the other level designers!

i do not agree with your opinion please remove yourself

Hey there! My name is Alexia. I've been a fan of the Half-Life series for a long time and it's a shame I just discovered the Portal series a couple years ago, even though I kinda heard of them ages ago... You know what they say, better late than never lol.
I'm now a big Portal fan and I love mapping for this game. I recently started working on custom prop textures / prop recompiling and stuff like that. This forum helped me a lot in the making of my maps so, I thought I'd join it :D Will be more than happy to share my hobby with you guys!

WHAT?

You say that I've been in a state of extreme stupidity for several years where I was super edgy and did horrible things and was generally not a quality poster in the slightest??

And the TWP servers are back online??

I guess I should properly introduce myself, then!

New Me will be around shortly.

Defunct Account
PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT MY POSTS FROM 2013
THEY ARE UGLY AND HIDEOUS

Hi, I'm Stract. I do level design for Portal 2, ranging from Workshop puzzles to my in-development mod, Desolation. I also manage the official Thinking With Portals Discord server that you can join from the side bar.
I've been mapping in Source for several years, letting it slowly consume my soul. Happy to see the website alive again!

Check out Facade, a super-easy puzzle created by me and RedSilencer.

Hah, it's been a while, I guess I'll introduce myself again, a lot's changed :thumbup:

I'm quat, and I'm a PTI mapper. Yeah yeah I know. Maybe I'll jump in and finish a Hammer map some day, but for now I am happy with the looks and especially the fast turnaround time mapping on "easy mode" gets me...

Speaking of easy mode, my puzzles typically aren't :) so if you're interested in a real challenge come check out my workshop. I'm closing in on 200 maps and upload frequently, usually at least once every two weeks or so. I recommend Lasersys, Express, Ultravisitor, Coacervate, and my entry into tuleby's "chocolate puzzles" series Nodezsh.

Hi. I'm GamerGeek. The Sig says the rest.

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...

Hi, I'm Joe. My username is OpposingGeek, but you can call me either. I've messed around with the Portal 2 Hammer Editor before and I want to continue to do so and further my knowledge of it. I used to visit the website every so often before it went down (I never made an account), and I figured I should join now that it's back online.

Please note: I have o relation to GamerGeek above, OpposingGeek has just been my youtube username for some time now and I've decided to stick with it

Have a great day!
Steam
OpposingGeek wrote:
Please note: I have o relation to GamerGeek above, OpposingGeek has just been my youtube username for some time now and I've decided to stick with it

Oh, I thought I had competition :P

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...
PreviousPage 48 of 51Next