Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Does VALVe make mapping mistakes?

Page 1 of 2Next

I was recently playing portal 2 coop, an I was wondering, does the fizzler in the second checkpoint room in map_coop_catapult_1 look odd to anyone?

Big Mood

I can't say I noticed the fizzler since I don't really play coop that often however Valve does make mistakes when mapping, everyone does, just look at this:

(map name is sp_a4_laser_platform)

Valve makes mistakes here and there but they aren't that bad of mistakes. ;)

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Mapping mistakes? I think they make some... I remember right now a so noticeabe misaligned texture in that coop map where you have to test the advanced faith plates. I can't remember its name right now. That one in which there's an achievement if you get the cube while it's jumpng from catapult to catapult and do not lose any one in the slime... When you open the exit door and get into a mini room previous to reach the departure elevator, those textures in there are terribly misaligned! I couldn't believe when I noticed.

And please do not make me talk about the PTI maps! :oops: Apart from the fizzler props oddly incrusted into the brushes, I don't like the buttons overlapping on their frames (check out their 4 "legs" and see what I'm talking about, they flicker).

I can't remember that fizzler you mention portal2tenacious though

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Lol, Jose was talking about misaligned textures that reminded me of the misaligned wall texture the central hub. That one always bothers me because it's so noticeable. Most people don't notice it though because it's behind them when they spawn. :P

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:

Spoiler: Valve employees are not infallible deities. They're average Joe's like you and me.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
Spoiler: Valve employees are not infallible deities. They're average Joe's like you and me.

BLASPHEMY!

But yeah, I've seen plenty of mistakes... Just not any big ones.

12 Angry Tests
"I hear voices. But I ignore them and I just carry on killing."

EVERY game has bugs. Lots and lots of them. In fact, any software you've ever used is rife with flaws.

Kaleido wrote:
EVERY game has bugs. Lots and lots of them. In fact, any software you've ever used is rife with flaws.

That reminds me of the old MissingNo. glitch. Ah, good times.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
Kaleido wrote:

That reminds me of the old MissingNo. glitch. Ah, good times.

Good times indeed my friend! :D MissingNo. and lvl 180 Charmeleons, man those games were so fun to exploit.

My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:

RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
Good times indeed my friend! :D MissingNo. and lvl 180 Charmeleons, man those games were so fun to exploit.

They don't make them like that anymore. Even N64 had some very interesting glitches. Mario attacking with his hat, James Bond placing floating remote mines, Ocarina of Time's Gold Skulltula duplicator trick. The late 90's were truly the Golden Age of Glitches.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
Page 1 of 2Next