Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Discussion of Ren_Test2 by RenStrike

Page 1 of 2Next

I found a great map in the "Released Maps" download section called ren_test2. I searched the forums but the author didn't start a thread, but I think this map does some really cool things.

There's a multiple-switch-plus-energy-ball puzzle where you press a button to rotate an entire room 180 degrees floor-to-ceiling in order to reach all the switches and change the path of the ball. It's sweeeet.

Download it and check it out!

Cr00ked.

coolest map yet right there. i couldn't believe it when i saw it. you could make some sweet puzzles with that, though test2 puzzles weren't that bad.

I had the "room rotate" idea, unfortunatly he beat me to the chase. :(

I haven't played it yet, but I am going to when I get home.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

yeah its a good map i barely was able to get the energy ball into the collector

Well, I played it last night, and I give it a very big thumbs up! Lots of neat stuff there not seen in many maps; I think I've seen surfaces whose angles change based on a button in 3 maps now, but this is the first that reorients most of an entire ROOM! :) With a very satisfying shake/rumble, just like it ought to. And I've been frankly surprised for a while that I dont see more maps using the round ball instead of the cube. . .

. . . liked all the puzzles; the ball one struck me as suprisingly easy if you just be patient and look around, but the energy ball one and the ending puzzle more than made up for it.

One thing I forgot to check, because I had to leave quick and reloaded on return; I made the mistake of not keeping my companion ball with me and it disappeared during the room change; presumably crushed? I didnt get a chance to check if it respawned in the cube-maker, but I bet anyone who could implement all that was done here would never forget a minor detail like that. . .

Great job!

Very Cool! :shock:

Only a spider trusts the web

I NEVER thought of a rotating room, NEVER.
Thats such an AWESOME idea!

I would make it but then you gotta think 4th AND 5th dimensionally... ow my brain hurts thinking about it. :?

he posts on the steam forums and said he prolly wont do another rotating room with the energy ball because so many people complained about the ball clipping into the void

i never had an issue with the ball falling out but others have said that as well, eh i dont think its something we can fix

I also had no problem with the ball falling into the void. Of course, the ball was never inside that room while it flipped in my solution, so that might have had something to do with it :)

Good map, imo.

Good level but I had a problem with entering and exiting the elavators. I had trouble exiting the first elavator so I had to reload the map. Then when I got to the end I couldn't enter the elavator.

Page 1 of 2Next