Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Developer textures

Who uses these? I do, all my maps for TS13 are still in the lovely, lovely orange textures.

With the release of the new SDK I thought that, kind of a no-brainer here, new developer textures would be added for non-portalable walls. But no, no new orange or grey textures.

If I made some, mainly for my own use, would anyone else wan't them?
Any suggestions on colour? I think I'll go for a darker grey than the grey wall one If no one can think of a better one.

Dev textures are amazing, if you don't use them or don't know how to, you should learn.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Well I've adjusted the texture and got it in game working fine, but I can't seem to make them non-portalable... :?

here is my .VMT file, I basically cut and paste bits from the original dev textures and the metal from portal, which cant have portals on it:

Code: Select all
"LightmappedGeneric"
{

"$basetexture" "customtex/dev_wall_measure_noportal"
   "$surfaceprop" "dirt"
   "%keywords" "portal"
   "%noportal" 1
}

Try making the $surfaceprop as "metal".

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

:lol: I put them in here: SteamApps*username*portalhl2materialscustomdev

not in here: steamApps*username*portalportalmaterialscustomdev

doh!

this meant I can keep "$surfaceprop" "dirt"

They are in the downloads section should people want them
link:
dload.php?action=file&file_id=83