Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Designing maps

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

I use symbols and fill the place with bazillions of arrows pointing out details. most plans fit on a post-it note, because thats what's handy. They end up very crampt

I tend to just sketch something on paper usually just a top view once I have that I go to Hammer and I can work out the rest.

ebola wrote:
[img]http://www.fujiwaratofu.com/lostchambers/sketches/lostchmb_00_draft.jpg[/img]

Reminds me of how sloppy mine are when I make sketches hehe

my skicc for http://heroes.hardwired.hu/-/portal/portmap.html
I hope I can add all 7-8 room till mapcontest ends.
Started from the top right.
too bad I cant post in any of the map threads, no permission to open topic in WIP.

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-

This is probably some evil diabolic plan to steal peoples map designs :D

Good luck to him if he does, I can't comprehend a single one of these sketches :)

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
Wroth wrote:
Good luck to him if he does, I can't comprehend a single one of these sketches :)

lol

I can't really read them but i could look at one of them and go "that looks like a good idea, i might steal that".

But nah, i liek thinking up my own ideas at this time. :D

:lol: @ thread

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Who needs to steal ideas? What with all the gameplay possibilities they opened up in Portal, I have more map ideas that I will ever possibly have time to execute. Hey kids, it's time to play favorites!

Cr00ked.
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next