Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Deadly Water

Im a little bit of a noob to mapping so i have no idea how to make the deadly water like in portal. PLZ HELP ME :cry:

The cake is a rickroll.

http://www.portal-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70

Scroll down to where it says "Toxic Water"

These really need adding to the Wiki. I expect we'd need permission from each person who contributed to that thread though.

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
Wroth wrote:
http://www.portal-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70

Scroll down to where it says "Toxic Water"

These really need adding to the Wiki. I expect we'd need permission from each person who contributed to that thread though.

Why? Information is information. Go ahead and make an article, if you won't I'm sure someone will.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I know, but there are sometimes different methods of doing the same thing in hammer. I could certainly understand if someone got a bit upset at seeing their own tutorial put on the wiki, word for word, without them even been asked or notified. Not that I would ever mind if I were ever to make a tut, but surely a simple please and thankyou isn't much to ask.

And if they refuse, just post it up anyway and reword it a little :P

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Considering they are hotlinking to the old Portal files over here, I think they can deal with us re-using some of their tutorial content.

Anyway, it's simple. Make a trigger_hurt and set the damage type to Chemical.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

thx for help :D

The cake is a rickroll.
msleeper wrote:
Anyway, it's simple. Make a trigger_hurt and set the damage type to Chemical.

Thats all they had to say :?

msleeper wrote:
set the damage type to Chemical.

I think drown, with damage set to 50-70 works best. Just my opnion though. That's what I used, ands it works well.

EDIT: Whoops, necromancy.

Wroth wrote:
I could certainly understand if someone got a bit upset at seeing their own tutorial put on the wiki, word for word, without them even been asked or notified. Not that I would ever mind if I were ever to make a tut, but surely a simple please and thankyou isn't much to ask.

Ask then...

And before you do, no I dont mind, anything I post here can be put into the wiki without asking me, although I'm not fantastic at hammer and my solutions are usually a little messy