Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom maps cross-compatible PC/Xbox 360?

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Portal on PC vs 360: As stated above, available on steam for quick downloading, as well as keyboard/mouse combo making shooting easier. Nail in the coffin of the 360 is the fact that any extra content (i.e. what you guys are cranking out) will be on the Xbox Live for $$$. Noooo thanks.

LAN Parties: If the LAN Parties you go to have everyone huddled around their own computer and not enjoying it, then you're at the wrong LAN party. Not sure how else to say that. You can have some great times, but they don't look like that.

Also, in defense of consoles, they do offer a unique style of play: split-screen. Allowing four people to play together on one machine is something PCs stopped trying a long time ago. (Scorched Earth, anyone?) Now, I'm no big fan of it, but it is worth pointing out.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

You can plug a USB keyboard into your Xbox and it will work. I guarantee it. So do XBOX.

One thing though - would a mouse? Then you would own everyone on CONSOLE FPS :O

But on the note of its harder to FPS on Xbox, its totally true. Which is why I can't believe shadowrun went global internet play. -.-

Some FPS like Bioshock are not too bad for Xbox 360. Mainly the reason I buy an fps on xbox 360 is because I can't run it.

But 00ber comp00ter for <Holiday Name Here> for me, so there wont be much of that. :D

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Only console worth buying is the Wii.

A friend of mine asked me if it was worth buying the Orange box... so of couse I gave the obvious responce - "Unless youve already bought it, buy it!"

And then he announced that he has an xbox...I then told him if he bought it for that he'd be wasting his money, and should buy it for his PC instead. but he was insistant that he'd get it for xbox not PC.

poor fool...

youme wrote:
A friend of mine asked me if it was worth buying the Orange box... so of couse I gave the obvious responce - "Unless youve already bought it, buy it!"

And then he announced that he has an xbox...I then told him if he bought it for that he'd be wasting his money, and should buy it for his PC instead. but he was insistant that he'd get it for xbox not PC.

poor fool...

Shoulda brought up the fact that only 16 players in TF2, no custom maps, just same old thing for EVER!!

Also if he got it for PC (assuming he diddn't have hl2 for PC) he coulda got the Orange box 10$ cheaper AND SOOOOOO many mods.

I did, I did, but still, he would not change his mind.

I think he can't actually use his PC for games either due to its age or it not actually being his, one of the two, so I then said get a new pc.

I know lots of people that like XBOX 360 over PC any day. People that play console FPS can get unfairly good at them. The same way that people who play nothing but PC FPS can get ridiculously skilled. There is nothing wrong with the 360, I wish I had one. To say that anyone who plays console games is stupid and that their system sucks is ignorant. A 360 + a couple controllers + a couple games the user really likes is under 700$. If you want to buy a gaming class computer whether you build it yourself or not is automatically going to put you over $1500 + plus upgrades every 5 or 6 months if you want to remain top of the line. Its a personal preference. I find when I don't play any games on my computer for a while that it feels foreign for a while to use it again, imagine having that feeling all the time while trying to play PC FPS. While I do agree that no console shooter could ever compare to the quality of game play you get with a keyboard and mouse it does not mean that consoles are useless.

Actually, with hardware as cheap as it is right now you can put together a decent gaming rig for something like $1000, but you're goddamn right about the upgrades. I put together my current system about a year ago for a bit less than one grand, and it has served me faithfully. (Brief specs: Core 2 Duo E6300 overclocked to 3.15GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GTO mildly overclocked.) It runs Ep2 and Portal decently well, but I know it won't handle Crysis and will probably struggle with Spore.

I'm looking to upgrade the video card when the price/performance ratio hits the sweet spot for about $200, maybe $250. And about a year after that I'll probably have to build a new system in order to play the latest PC games.

By contrast, with the Xbox 360 you drop $450 on a system and an extra controller and your infrastructure investment is done for the entire lifetime of the console, probably 4-6 years.

Still and all, nothing beats the feeling of playing a brand-new game on a hot-rod PC with all the settings cranked up.

Cr00ked.

Pshhhhhhhhh.

Ur guys comps are like sooo expensive. I got my comp like last year, and it only costed like 700$ and it was built. I havn't upgraded this PC one time. No new parts at ALL. And I still get over 100 fps on css and about 40+ fps on tf2 which isn't even laggy at all.

Also on Xbox 360 dosen't it actually cost money to play online?

you guys are so lucky! everything is much cheaper in the US. :(

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next