Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Couple software questions. (Sound and WAD files)

First off, what programs would be useful for recording a voice, then manipulating it to sound robotic?

Secondly, what program should I use for making WAD files?

1) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

2) http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/WAD -- Not that I see what you'd want to use WAD files for. It's pretty obsolete at this point.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

Yeah, WAD files are no longer a valid form of distrobuting content.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Well what would I use to convert textures then?

VTFedit. Check the Mapping Tips and Links sticky in the Maps and Mapping forum.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Thanks alot~

I just use the Photoshop plugin to save directly to VTF, and writing material files is trivially simple. They're just plain text files.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
Korjagun wrote:
I just use the Photoshop plugin to save directly to VTF, and writing material files is trivially simple. They're just plain text files.

I also do this,if i can't edit something the way i want in photoshop I don't do it, so the photoshop plugin is such a life saver.

Long live photoshop!

I could never get that fucking plugin to work for me.