Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Coop Teaser Trailer!

Page 1 of 3Next

We get our first look at a trailer for how Portal 2 Coop will work here! Hat tip to Looongcat over at F7Lans.

LRmDv7vxESg

Portal 2 Video Game, Exclusive Co-Op Trailer [GameTrailers.com]

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Oh my god that is three types of epic right there!
And it's only 30 seconds long!

screedle wrote:
Oh my god that is three types of epic right there!
And it's only 30 seconds long!

Yeah seriously, just watching that start my brain thinking in the right direction. It's going to be almost like re-learning how to use Portals all over again from scratch.

Coop is going to extend Portal 2's life a lot, I can already tell.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Wow, having both portals blue. That is the kind of creativity you can expect from Valve.

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

Well,actually, one is blue and the other is purple.
But they have tested the alternatives and that is probably the best.

Regardless of what the colors are, I am super excited to see more about how Coop works.

Coop Mapping Contest anyone?

I was kind of thinking that, and I have an idea to get "Co-op" in portal 1...
(It's not actually co-op, but uses two sets of portals. It's not http://myaperturelabs.com/file.php?id=382 either.(Although I suggest you play that))

EDIT: BTW, msleeper, I am getting this weird glitch in the forum. Upon clicking the board index link at the top, even when I have read the last post, "News and announcements" shows up as unread.

I might have to play it. Have you uploaded it here? If not then you should!

I'm gonna coordinate with Nickworks/Sven over at myAp, because I would hate for us to plan contests that overlap eachother. Everyone would lose out if that happens. But I've talked to a few people who can sponsor a contest and I think we can get a big money prize for a Portal 2 release Co-Op contest.

That is very odd, I can't seem to reproduce that error...

msleeper wrote:
I might have to play it. Have you uploaded it here? If not then you should!

By which you mean this?
http://myaperturelabs.com/file.php?id=382
That's not mine. That's omnicoder's. He is banned.
If you meant my vague idea, I will be making a demo map of the concept next week to see if it is fun or not.

EDIT: If you are going to make a release contest for portal 2, you will need to give people time to :
-play through the game
-Play through the co-op
-Set up hammer to work with portal 2

All of the previous forum bans were lifted because 1.) we upgraded forum versions, and 2.) I totally don't care anymore. So tell him to upload his shit! :D

Contests usually run for at least 2 months, to give people adequate time to get things built. I imagine coop maps are going to be a major bitch to build and playtest. Plus, this is assuming the SDK will be ready for Portal 2 day-of release, which if you remember, wasn't the case for Portal 1 and generally isn't the case for any game.

So I guess by "Portal 2 release contest" I really mean "Portal 2 SDK release contest".

Page 1 of 3Next