Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Coop] Flaming Lemons

Page 1 of 2Next

TESTED to be 100% compatible with Portal 2 Map Installer. To install this and most other maps easily and automatically download it here: Automated Map Installer
This map is a playground for co-op. It includes:
- All paint types
- Laser
- Tractor Beam
- Light Bridge
- Cube dispensers
- World portal weird mirror
- Moving portal surfaces
- Large room for flinging
As well as some things I made myself including a flaming lemon and paint spraying cubes.
WINDOWS USERS:
To install it just extract the zip file in your SteamAppsCommonPortal 2portal2 folder. It should ask you if you want to replace the existing folders, just say yes, it wont actually delete anything.

MAC USERS: (thanks chrislb for pointing this out!)
1) Extract the zip folder to anywhere on your computer. Desktop is easy, then you can just delete it afterwards.
2) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/maps/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/maps/
3) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/models/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/models/
4) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/materials/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/materials/

THANKYOU!
(Remember to rate and visit the topic)

File Name: FireLemonsCo-opCustomMap.zip
File Size: 2.86 MiB
Click here to download Flaming Lemons

Turrets, not tourettes. Only people with tourettes say that.

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

...guy, I did exactly what you said to do, and it deleted all my info. Aaand now i cant access anything. I'd suggest not telling people to replace "maps" etc. Time to reinstall portal 2!

That is very, very odd. This is how I always install maps. I apologise for the inconvenience.
To anyone else installing my map, please, to be on the safe side, follow these new instructions:
1) Extract the zip folder to anywhere on your computer. Desktop is easy, then you can just delete it afterwards.
2) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/maps/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/maps/
3) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/models/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/models/
4) Copy the files from <PlaceYouExtractedZipFileTo>/materials/ into <YourSteamFolder>/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/materials/

I will attempt to find an easier alternative.

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

Oh boy, another playground map!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Well, if my memory serves me right, 7/Vista will /merge/ folders. XP and below will just replace 'em.

Can't be sure, though. Been a long time since I used Vista or XP.

Also, yes, playground maps aren't all that good, but you've incorporated several rather interesting mechanisms. I suggest making a proper puzzle map, potentially including these, for the reason that it could make for very interesting puzzles. Example: Portal surface that can only be seen in the mirror (due to the angle of the mirror, perhaps)

I may actually use that myself once I get to mapping, if you wouldn't mind. It'd make for a nice apparent aesthetic that has more purpose than that. If I ever get to it.

Thanks for your replies.
I am using 7 at the moment, but when I was on XP I used to use this method as well.
Anyway, this map was just my test map to learn how to use all of the elements. I am currently making a puzzle map as well.
I am also making a tool for easily installing Portal 2 maps.

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

@thursaz
The only problem is that the mirror is sort of inverted. I could make something like a camera and screen that you can travel through...
What did you think of the paint cubes? I thought they would make this a very interesting playground map.

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

@msleeper
Yeah, but this one has COMBUSTIBLE LEMONS!!!

My Work:
FLAMING LEMONS
FUNRUN - COMING SOON

Paint cubes were fun, to be honest, but my mild OCD made me follow the repulsion gel cube with the water cube to clean up its mess for half the map. xD I'm not sure how viable it is as a puzzle element, though. Also, it might make more sense if it weren't a cube randomly spewing paint.

This is a playground map, so there isn't much to comment about or criticise, and I didn't spend too long on it- no offense. You do seem to have fairly original ideas regarding new mechanisms combining old ones, so that might translate very well into a full puzzle, if you plan on making one.

OMG FLAMING TENNIS BALL!! WTF

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Branokil/s ... 8467497182

me and my friend.. we had tons of fun in this map!! i think best map of portal2 ever made

Page 1 of 2Next