Please or Register to create posts and topics.

console commands

Page 1 of 5Next

I'm making a few Portal Maps without hacking the SDK content (just using regular HL2 stuff), can anybody tell me what the console command is to give the player the portal gun? and whether it counts as a cheat code?

what i mean is, what is the portal guns name? weapon_portalgun? weapon_ASHPD?

what do ya know, it is weapon_portalgun. problem now is that it is the version with only blue portal. anybody know the command to give the player full control? at this rate i'll figure it out myself....

haha, yeah i figured it out. anyway, here is a map designed to test your portal-in-portal skills. i had to put it in a rar to upload it, and you need to put it in your portal "maps" directory and run it from the console ("map pip").

It's a bit small... that's a bit fishy.

Also... why quadruple post?

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

I just tested your map, nice work! It was quite tricky really, but i managed to get by. Keep the maps coming my friend!

- Nezerv

I'm thinking with portals!

Grudge, this forum doesn't allow you to edit your posts.

heres a version with another room before it. I'm going to keep extending it, but i don't know where to go from here, so it may be a while.

EMUGOD wrote:
Grudge, this forum doesn't allow you to edit your posts.

heres a version with another room before it. I'm going to keep extending it, but i don't know where to go from here, so it may be a while.

I know that.

But try to keep them down to a minimum.

I'm going to try your level out now. :)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Again, not bad EMUGOD. Although, since you don't know what to do next, I'll give you some suggestions.

First of all, I don't think everyone is familiar with the PIP concept since it was never really offcially introduced in the game. Secondly, even though it is quite an awesome "trick" it can (and will) quickly get annoying since you always have to (quick)save and (quick)load. What i would like to see would be a bit more simple and/or perhaps abstract pussels/maps.

I'd personally love to see maps where you have to use momentum/the flinging concept to get by a map. Moreoever i'd like to see maps where your success i more based on "instinct"/reaction. Such as quickly portaling to an open area only to discover that a buttload of crates are falling down on you and you have to get away etc.

Other than that i just hope you can keep mapping to be honest. I have neither time nor really any motivation on doing maps myself.

One last thing though; Your "spikes" and cake model are/were terrible but understandeble. Try to use another texture on the spikes so they don't look like they are made from honeycomb metal. Make them more solid!

Anyway, still nice & good enough EMOGOD. Keep the maps coming!

- Nezerv

Sorry for double posting but since you can't edit the messages i had to do this.

First of all, spelling error by me. I meant EMUGOD at the end of my former message not EMOGOD.

Secondly, wouldn't it be better if we renamed this thread to "EMUGOD's Portalmaps"? That would make way more sense than "Console commands".

- Nezerv

Page 1 of 5Next