Please or Register to create posts and topics.

console commands

PreviousPage 5 of 5
paraddoxx wrote:
command for droping the "portal device" ?

weapon_strip or trigger_weapon_strip - If I can remember it's one of those. Now it might even be an entity, but theres no console command to drop your weapon afaik.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Ok, am i just retarded? I can't figure out how to get past the spikes, no matter what i do, i just end up dying on the spikes. what am i doing wrong?

Signature removed, no pyramid scheme links allowed. Read the forum rules for information.
-Thanks, The Management
ChaosDreamer wrote:
Ok, am i just retarded? I can't figure out how to get past the spikes, no matter what i do, i just end up dying on the spikes. what am i doing wrong?

you have to use "portal tunneling", crouch and walk into the portal until you can place it (until you are officially just barely on the other side), and then place it while moving back. it might take you a while to get the hang of it, but once you do it really isn't too hard.

Well, what I kind of guessed that much, however i guess i just can't get in a good location to put a portal on the other side. every portal i have managed to get on the other wall is too far down and the spikes don't let me move through the portal. Precision is key, but maybe you should add a small portion of unportable area just around the spikes so the portals don't get caught behind them.

Signature removed, no pyramid scheme links allowed. Read the forum rules for information.
-Thanks, The Management
ChaosDreamer wrote:
Precision is key, but maybe you should add a small portion of unportable area just around the spikes so the portals don't get caught behind them.

That's a good idea, i can't believe i hadn't though of that. the next version i'll be releasing will be final in terms of architecture, and using the Portal resources (for the contest). I'll be sure to do that.

I don't understand how to beat your map. I would like it if you would stick to the normal parts of the game. Learning how to do things that aren't meant to be done is a waste of time.

PreviousPage 5 of 5