Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Community Levels on PS3?

Forgive me if this has been asked before (surely it has) but search found nothing, and I have been on google the past 2 hours trying to find any info about this with no luck.

I might buy Portal 2 for my PS3 (I had it for Xbox 360 but sold it to get the PS3 version) and I know that PS3 gets Steam integration and the Free Steam download for my computer. What I have been trying to find out is if the User/Community levels that I can download on my computer and play through Steam are available on my PS3 version? I would think they are since the PS3 connects to Steam at least. I don't like playing games on my computer much, I prefer PS3 and Xbox, and I would love to make some levels on the computer, but play them on my PS3.

EDIT: I have still been searching, but all I find is that the level creator will not be on consoles. There is nothing that says anything about if you can or can't just play the community levels from the console.

If this has been asked before, could someone give me the link to the topic, or add any insightful answers?

simple answer: not possible

Pro tip; steam summer sale will probably start monday or something. Keep an eye out for the daily deals, i'm pretty sure portal 2 will be on sale for about $7,50-12,50 totally worth it for the over 120.000 community maps (here and from the workshop)

Thanks for the reply. I still will probably buy it for PS3, and get the free computer based download. Though it would be pretty awesome if sometime in the future, it were possible to play all the community levels on consoles.

Lp, you got your periods and commas mixed up there.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

European custom is to use commas as decimal points, I'm not sure why.

Falsi sumus crusto!