Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chell Is GLaDOS's and Cave's daughter?

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next
Combine Overwiki wrote:
Its main facility is the Enrichment Center, located in Upper Michigan, with at least one other base of operations in Cleveland, Ohio.

The one featured in Portal 1 and 2 is the one in Upper Michigan. This is because the one in michigan contains the salt mine *cough enrichment spheres* and the old test track from portal 1. The other one on Ohio isnt seen.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

What about the salt mine in Ohio? I bet there may have been a few thing I miss in Portal 2, but I'm pretty sure (according to the newspaper texture) the salt mine was in Ohio.

Edit: I just checked the texture again, iWork is right, Northern Michigan is the right place.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

idk where you got ohio from

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
idk where you got ohio from

This kind sir sums it up.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I always had that doubt, if Chell was put into stasis when she was 8, she is a person of 20 years old with the mentality of 8?

marver0ps wrote:
I always had that doubt, if Chell was put into stasis when she was 8, she is a person of 20 years old with the mentality of 8?

Then again, she was in stasis for at least several years (80 years at the least) in Portal 2 and still looks young.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
marver0ps wrote:

I would assume the sort of stasis that Aperture Labs would have would include neurological stasis as well as the-rest-of-the-body stasis to avoid mental deterioration.

Although...Wheatley did mention that some stasis subjects experience a deterioration of mental function...

Oh God why am I speculating in this thread? I half wanted to close it months ago.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Perhaps there are two sorts of stasis? That is, she was in regular stasis before portal 1, which left her ageing normally, but wasnt she in a long term relaxation vault or something (cant remember the exact phrasing) between portal1 and portal 2? this would at least explain how she hasnt really aged between 1 and 2. I guess this could even make sense of wheatleys comment about mental deterioration, perhaps only long term stasis does this and the other kind doesnt?
Of course, this is all just baseless speculation, but still.

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

See, this is why game writers have an easy job. They can come up with any complete mess of a plot, and fans will still try their hardest to make sense of it and fill in the gaps. With Portal's universe I'm not even sure what to consider canon or not.

I don't see how you are even to make sense of it. Portal is meant to be comedic and ridiculous while still holding some sense of virtual reality.

Entertaining? Definitely. That's what makes a game sell.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next