Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chell Is GLaDOS's and Cave's daughter?

Page 1 of 8Next

Hello! I noticed that when escaping with Wheatley, you find a room from the "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" gimmick to get more test subjects. That same day, the Encrichment Center was flooded with neurotoxin. Obviously, Chell's father, whoever it was, worked at Apertutre, since Chell's name appears on the last backboard, which has the overgrown potato. I also noticed that the 3 big letters that had fallen off of the board, were NEU. Hmmm... ring a bell? How about the first 3 letters of NEUROTOXON? With which, Aperture was flooded with the VERY SAME DAY? This leads me to believe that Chell's dad knew about the neurotoxin ahead of time, and may have passed it down to Chell to help her escape.

Poster = :veryold:

The rest = :sigh: + :baselessspeculation:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Wheee math problems!

It is highly unlikely that Chell's parents would be Cave and Caroline. Chell looks around her 20's while Cave Johnson died early 80's/late 70's? and I'm guessing that Caroline wasn't in any good state when they were trying to 'pour her into a computer'.
Maybe the relaxation chambers preserve age?

Yes, Chell's parent worked at aperture as in one of the texts on the project said "got things from daddy's work" and she was at the bring daughter to work day. I think that it is more likely that Chell is half-immune to neurotoxin and I think GLaDOS mentions this sometime.

I just want to point out: why does Rattman care so much about Chell? In the comic he protects her, and he drew her all over the walls in his art 'dens'.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
I just want to point out: why does Rattman care so much about Chell? In the comic he protects her, and he drew her all over the walls in his art 'dens'.

I think this is probably because Chell was the only other human besides Rattmann himself left alive in the facility. Also, being off his rocker as he was, he believed that she was some sort of super-being and the only one capable of taking down GLaDOS (as it turned out, he was right in several aspects of his belief). He did what he could to help her along through Portal 1 with his wall-scribbling arrows, and he recorded her actions on the walls as a means of expressing what he was seeing and perhaps tracking her progress.

There is no "N" in "Turret."

Caroline was Cave's assistant, not his wife. Also, Chell could very easily have been Cave's adopted daughter, her real parents unknown. She certainly doesn't look very much like Johnson in appearance.

NuclearDuckie wrote:
Caroline was Cave's assistant, not his wife. Also, Chell could very easily have been Cave's adopted daughter, her real parents unknown. She certainly doesn't look very much like Johnson in appearance.

How could Chell be adopted by Cave when he died before she was born?

I always thought Chell was Cave and Caroline's kid.

According to the Combine Overwiki, Cave Johnson died sometime during the 1980's (Most likely 1982). This is when he named Caroline his successor. Let's assume that Chell was born sometime in the early 1970's, and at a young age did the Potato Science Experiment above, before Cave died. I'm going to assume Chell was about 10 years old when she did that experiment, which means she was born in 1972.

Nothing significant happens with Aperture Science in the 1990's, but around this time is when I would guess that Chell was put into stasis. Which would make her 20-some years old. Which would also explain her young looks.

slayer wrote:
I'm going to assume Chell was about 10 years old when she did that experiment, which means she was born in 1972.
Nothing significant happens with Aperture Science in the 1990's, but around this time is when I would guess that Chell was put into stasis. Which would make her 20-some years old. Which would also explain her young looks.

So Chell would have to be around 40 years old if Aperture is in current time and she hadn't been put in stasis.

During the events of Portal 1, she would have been in her 30's.

Page 1 of 8Next