Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chamber 18 - 12 portals (LEGIT: NO GLITCHES/CHEATING)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

rellikpd wrote:
without cheating of any kind (No wall climbing (which i can't even do), no bunnyhopping, no portal bumping (which i can't even do), and no door jamming)

I consider things like bumping and jamming legit for doing the challenges because you're not actually using anything outside of the game for help (e.g. changing values in the console).

With wall climbing I assumed by watching some Youtube videos that you press e and space really quickly. I never managed to get very far up the wall but the people in the videos did; so I make an auto key tapper program outside of portal but it still didn't work perfectly.

If the people in the videos also used external programs to wall climb to get their crazy challenges than thats definitely cheating.

Fusion wrote:
I consider things like bumping and jamming legit for doing the challenges because you're not actually using anything outside of the game for help (e.g. changing values in the console).

With wall climbing I assumed by watching some Youtube videos that you press e and space really quickly. I never managed to get very far up the wall but the people in the videos did; so I make an auto key tapper program outside of portal but it still didn't work perfectly.

If the people in the videos also used external programs to wall climb to get their crazy challenges than thats definitely cheating.

i still consider door jambing to be a glitch, cuz the door is SUPPOSED to eject anything caught between it. and it will.. if given enough time. it will usually do it right off the bat unless you are lucky enough to get it stuck just right. i still think 12 is the lowest possible :P

do NOT click this

I agree with fusion, wall climbing to be done proper needs Autohotkey to be running in the background with a certain script set up so that while pressing and holding one key, it will tap jump and e incredibly fast with perfect precision. As I don't think anyone is physically capable f this without the help of the program I believe that it is fair to say that wall climbing is a cheat even though I used it in some of my runs, though that was because I couldn't be bothered doing other methods :).

Sorry for bumping up this old tread , but i just wanted to say that chamber 18 can be done with 0 portals aswell , just watch this for the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyGWZHQz5w
and continiue with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69QPdhRY ... annel_page
and btw you dont need any script like the guy on the second vid says , but it is a bit easier with some scripts i think....

The whole point of this thread was to to do it with no glitches or cheating. That's interesting.

Watching some guy wall climb for 5 minutes is not. Locked.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
PreviousPage 2 of 2