Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chamber 18 - 12 portals (LEGIT: NO GLITCHES/CHEATING)

Page 1 of 2Next

I've been going through the orriginal "challenges" as well as the "advanced challenges" that i uploaded and trying to find the bestests possible records (especially the least portals challenges (which are my fav)) without cheating of any kind (No wall climbing (which i can't even do), no bunnyhopping, no portal bumping (which i can't even do), and no door jamming) and most of "my" records i figure most people can do. so no big deal. but i DO think i have a pretty cool record on chamber 18, i did it in 12 portals... with NO glitching, cheating or anything. i have screen shots. but no video yet, and i can hear youme already "Video or it didn't happen" but i assure you this is legit. and i plan on making a video. i just wanted to see if i could even do it first. it was a bitch, but i finally got it! :P
[img]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5073/testchmba140000hp9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9039/snapshot0001jb2.jpg[/img]

do NOT click this

Ive done 8 portals with using objects to prop the door open, and 2 portals with objects + wall climbing though I can't seem to remember my "must use the cube" score.

I'll go try it right now and see what I can pull off.

Edit: Just did it in 11, not sure if I can go any lower.

Can I say LOL?

taco wrote:
Ive done 8 portals with using objects to prop the door open, and 2 portals with objects + wall climbing though I can't seem to remember my "must use the cube" score.

I'll go try it right now and see what I can pull off.

Edit: Just did it in 11, not sure if I can go any lower.

Taco. How the hell did you do it in 11? i did EVERYTHING i could think of to get this low. and 12 was the best i could think of. pm me or spoiler tag it please!

PortalFan77 wrote:
Can I say LOL?
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/ ... enge18.jpg]

yeah 2 portals. but thats with glitching and such. (if nothing else you have to jam the door which is a glitch in my opinion)

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
yeah 2 portals. but thats with glitching and such. (if nothing else you have to jam the door which is a glitch in my opinion)

Glitches ftw :)

PortalFan77 wrote:
Glitches ftw :)

true, fine, i even admit i ~try~ glitches. but never finish a "challenges" map while glitching. my goal is to push the limits of my portalling ability WITHOUT cheating (or glitching)

i like to Think With Portals; not to think with circumvention :P

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
true, fine, i even admit i ~try~ glitches. but never finish a "challenges" map while glitching. my goal is to push the limits of my portalling ability WITHOUT cheating (or glitching)

i like to Think With Portals; not to think with circumvention :P

Well I beat them all originally the real way, then I decided to search up some glitches and stuff, and they worked :D

rellikpd wrote:
Taco. How the hell did you do it in 11? i did EVERYTHING i could think of to get this low. and 12 was the best i could think of. pm me or spoiler tag it please!

Portal Break Down for Chamber 18 in 11 Portals:
4 Portals pre cube room.
3 Portals in cube room.
4 Portals post cube room.

I'm not sure if I can lower those numbers - if I can, it would probably be the "in cube room" that gets lowered.

taco wrote:
4 Portals post cube room.

i'm not sure how you use 4 portals in the "post-cube-room"
i

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

do NOT click this

Ahh, never mind, I was stupid and used a turret to knock off a portal. Force of habit I guess. Sorry about that - my bad.

Page 1 of 2Next