Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chamber 13 alternative solution

A new solution I discovered thanks to the developer's commentary when they said "Players could trap themselves in tests chambers"

My video

I took it as a challenge to trap myself in chamber 13.

I succeded and found out that GLaDOS will simply open the exit for you and you can emancipate your cubes with the fizzler!

I might post more videos if I can find areas where to trap myself.

I dunno if you guys new about this, I think is fun trivia and well, I'm also showing of my new video :p heheheh LoL

Cya later! Of to play portal and to finish my final map for the contest!!!
So close, gonna be so awesome! I promise!

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

I've known about this for a while. You can force her to open the room you start in too if you trap the cubes in there.

Almost as old as Portal itself.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Sorry, I just discovered :p And well, I thought I shared it. To be fair, I am quite new to Portal. Only learned about it about a year and half. And owned it for like 9 months now. Mapping for Portal for like 3 months (I've mapped with hammer for almost 2 years now)

It was the second run I had done with developer commentary :p

I love developer's commentary

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
msleeper wrote:
Almost as old as Portal itself.

You're too harsh, See the avatar and what you're dealing with? :wink:

I didn't know about this. Nice video 8)
I have always wondered where in the game the you-have-managed-to-trap-yourself-in-this-room glados quotes are used. Now I see :lol:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

This reminds me of the unused quote from GLaDOS that would in theory be heard when you knock off a camera

"At the enrichment center, we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. However, do not destroy vital testing apparatus."

Not sure why I was reminded of that, but its just another facet of GLaDOS' dark hilarity.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

There is another one in the orange portal gun room. Actually two.

Everyone knows you can trap yourself inside the ball launcher area if done properly but, does anyone know you can get out of that room WITHOUT upgrading the portal gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDxfx3q ... re=related

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
/?/___________________________________
| BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!
\_\???????????????????????????????????
_|_