Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't view profiles

I can't view profile pages when I'm logged in, but yet I can when I'm logged out. Additionally I can't change my avatar or set a signature. Is this a bug, or is it intentional?

VBSP failed: Could not open instance file instances/luke18033/signature.vmf

That's intentional, but the way you word it, it really doesn't make a lot of sense.

The reasoning is to stop spam bots from harvesting data from users. But I didn't realize that it didn't block viewing user profiles as guests as well. I'll resolve that.

Uploading an avatar is a similar thing. Once you get 3 posts, you'll get access to all user level features (including viewing user profiles).

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
That's intentional, but the way you word it, it really doesn't make a lot of sense.

The reasoning is to stop spam bots from harvesting data from users. But I didn't realize that it didn't block viewing user profiles as guests as well. I'll resolve that.

Uploading an avatar is a similar thing. Once you get 3 posts, you'll get access to all user level features (including viewing user profiles).

That makes sence now. I guess that's what the recently registered users does?

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:

Ah, okay. Thanks!

VBSP failed: Could not open instance file instances/luke18033/signature.vmf