Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cake at the end?

Page 1 of 2Next

I know others have brought it up...cake at the end of every map is getting old fast. I simply prefer the maps that have you exit in an elevator...what do you guys think?

I don't really care either way. It's pretty funny either way, though I'm waiting on a map to end with you getting smashed or something before you actually walk up to it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

perhaps if the cake had a nicer looking model...

but to me it looks like the worst cake ever. :cry:

msleeper wrote:
I don't really care either way. It's pretty funny either way, though I'm waiting on a map to end with you getting smashed or something before you actually walk up to it.

I was gonna kill the player at the end on my entry for the contest, but felt like that would piss people off, so i took it out. :p

*i love doing that*

Just give me a cake and an incinerator, and let ME "bake" the cake at the end.

Either that, or a button so I can cause a giant block to fall down and crush the cake.

(No, I am not a big "cake at the end" fan. . .never was. Ugly-looking cake!) :)

How about my idea.. "Chase the cake ending"

At the end of every chamber, the cake is there. Just before a door. You walk close to the cake, it goes into the floor. This keeps happening, until finally at the last chamber, the cake is on a platform in the middle of the chamber. Fire surrounding the whole place. You do some real hard puzzle to get to the cake. You land on the cake with no way back (more than likely fizzlers will surround it) and the platform lowers you and the cake down into a fire. Where you see your companion cube also burning.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

nice idea! now that level i wouldnt mind playing

I'm not against cake-themed endings, but I am against an ending where the player turns a corner and there's just the cake model sitting on the floor. Nothing else. Spice up your endings a bit people!

My ending will have a cake involved somehow, but I hope to possible make my own cake. I hardly believe that the super-intelligent GLaDOS, or whoever it is made the cake, only knows how to make one type of cake. Besides, there were loads of pictures of different-looking cakes on her big screen when you finally meet her, if I'm not mistaken?

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Just a cake at the end of a map is boring yeah, but we could at least add things in such as it fades black displays text then disconnects.

Although... what can we have at the ending of a map other than the map going black, the player gets killed by the environment, a cake at the end and so on...

We could have a... no wait i might use that idea. :wink:

Nothing wrong with cake at the end. I imagine after the initial batch of maps, endings will start having more variety, which is the important thing.

(P.S. Every map ending with an elevator would be even more boring than every map ending with a cake.)

Page 1 of 2Next