Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Breakthrough in Portal Designs

Hello everyone, no longer do we need to only have Flame Portal Textures.

One of my old friends who is an experienced modder has found out how to create ANY PORTAL DESIGN IN DX9.

Thats right ANY DESIGN, Animated or Unanimated he did it. I have taken a short video of the Spiral Portals we originally created for DX8, and I plan on creating more and more.

I have seen things from people in the past from many topics on here requesting new portal designs, and now you will be able to get these within the coming weeks/months.

All the things I have said here are now wrong!!!!
finally-swirl-portals-t1362.html

Also @ TEST SUBJECT, WE ARE NOW WORKING ON CREATING BETTER SPIRALS AND THOSE TEXTURES YOU REQUESTED.
portal-effect-from-teaser-trailer-t1218.html

I felt this deserved its own thread because it is huge fucking news to the Portal Modding community and now I see Portal becoming better than ExitE with more unique Portal designs.

VIDEO OF SPIRALS IN DX9
http://files.filefront.com/spiralwmv/;1 ... einfo.html

More to come soon and I will probably be releasing requested textures and lots more in the coming weeks. Thanks

WOW! I like it. :D

PortalFan77 wrote:
I see Portal becoming better than ExitE

Really now?

Portal was always better then ExitE, lol

Yeah, This just has a few fixes, other then that, It looks epic. :D

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

I really like the spirals in DX. They have a nice clean look to them.
The other ones look like flames which doesn't seem to fit the Portal environment IMO but those spirals are sexy.
Good work.

Wait a minute, you posted a thread to talk about 2 other threads you posted? :sigh:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
bizob wrote:
I really like the spirals in DX. They have a nice clean look to them.
The other ones look like flames which doesn't seem to fit the Portal environment IMO but those spirals are sexy.
Good work.

I cant find the thread but someone requested THESE be made for Portal.

AND HERE THEY ARE :D
[img]http://s52.radikal.ru/i138/0810/c3/cc10def6654a.jpg[/img]
Updated non shitty quality Spiral Portals

Spiral portals need a to have a brighter and thicker border.