Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Aperture Science Roleplay

Page 1 of 2Next

Just thought I'd shoot a recommendation to you guys, you don't seem to have any RP sections here so I didn't think it'd be a big deal. There's a pretty cool new Portal 2 inspired Aperture Science roleplay forum where you can make various characters and explore that universe. It's called "Aperture: Pioneers of Science".

Quote:
Those of you who have played the hit Portal games should have a good idea of this already, but to state briefly:

Aperture Science is a long-running US based scientific research company, that also sell shower curtains and are advocates of potato-generated electricity. Founded by salesman Cave Johnson, the company has grown and grown, and their primary facility covers a vast area of a Michigan salt mine, extending deep underground. An array of bewildering experiments are performed daily by the scientists at Aperture, and who better to experiment on than their test subjects: Tramps, hobos and orphans taken from birth, forced through obscure, bewildering, and often downright ridiculous experiments and test chambers for either the promise of food ms money, or because Aperture are the only family they know.
The facility is also swarmed with a vast, exciting array of AI units: personality spheres given other jobs while the GLaDOS system is perfected, sweet mouthed yet murderous turrets, the place is literally alive. Some of the employees have been replaced by robots, the 'retired' workers now running in the chambers they designed.

Thats all well and good, Jim, but where to I come in?

Whoah there sport! Ignoring the fact that I am neither a man, nor am I called Jim, you ask a very good question.
Many types of people are a part of the Aperture family:

The core of Aperture Science is made up of the human employees; the Scientists, Research associates, Lab workers, and even going down to financiers, caretakers and other such jobs. It is a company after all, and all such jobs are needed to keep this madhouse of science running.

The test subjects are also a vital part of the work done here. Although many have no choice, and are desperate, most will still perservere through whatever is thrown at them, in hope of a reward (sometimes cake if lucky). These used to be the best of the best in the days of the legendary Cave Johnson, with War Heroes, Olympians and other greats, but those times are all forgotten, and now the lowest of the low are put through hell for the most insane thoughts Aperture can come up with, from Mantis DNA implants to invisible lasers that turn blood into gasoline.

Helping to run the place, are the AI. many are personality spheres, designed for the developing GLaDOS system. They keep it under control on way or another, to stop it trying to kill the entire staff within 1/16th of a picosecond every time it is run. In the meantime, these spherical intelligences are given other tasks, such as taking care of the Test Subjects, or overseeing the manufacturing plants. As well as these, there are all manner of other AI's of different intelligence levels, some as common as the turrets (which although 'dumb', have been reported to have been singing or spouting mythology), others hidden away in the depths.

Lastly, are the lost. With all the crazy and insane events occurring at Aperture, some are driven completely mad. Although often taken care of and put into quarantine fairly quickly, some escape, wandering the maintenance access catwalks and tunnels, messing around with electronics, breaking things, and scrawling on the walls. It is rare to see one of these poor souls, but it can scare even the most strong-minded research associate when the sounds of static radios and footsteps echo in the vast darkness between chambers.

http://coloholics.net/index.php?showforum=12039

"Portal role play"?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

:wut:

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

Can I be Chell?

I'd like to be a turret.

PEW PEW PEW.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Urge... to move this... to "News and Announcements"... strong...

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
Urge... to lose Global Moderator status... and ruin friendship with msleeper... strong...
msleeper wrote:
Hober wrote:
Urge... to lose Global Moderator status... and ruin friendship with msleeper... strong...

FTFY

FTFTFYFY

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!
msleeper wrote:
"Portal role play"?

msleepers favourite gif. Anyhoo, not one to backseat moderate, but this topic isn't really of any use anymore; lock?

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

This is my favorite gif.

Page 1 of 2Next