Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ALTERNATIVE Co-op Maps - #1 #2

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Very Strange.. I made player clip here (when crusher turn down - clip turn on, when crusher turn up - clip turn off.

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

bcNO-wAihsc
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNO-wAihsc)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

PS: so far its only the first map in the video

Djinndrache wrote:
I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

bcNO-wAihsc
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNO-wAihsc)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

PS: so far its only the first map in the video

Nice, also, i think next part will take more time ;]

Indeed the second part is longer, roughly 3 times as long as the first part. I'll see when I can upload it, my major update for today is done (uploaded almost 40 GB, phew!)

edit:
Just wanna hint out that here is the second part:

9CEAt3b3Fyg
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEAt3b3Fyg)

Nice, but its old version of my map, 3rd testchamber already exist, try it ;]

Just played through your two maps with a friend. Very nice maps indeed. However, in the second map, in the second chamber there is a huge shortcut. This means

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. All you need to do is to
Spoiler

The first room had me and my partner thinking for quite a bit. We even managed to

Spoiler
. At first when I put the
Spoiler

Some of my Portal 2 maps || Mini-Faith || Careful Cube || Vertical Reach ||

|| Need help uploading a map...new user? Read my Map Uploading Guide ||
|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

It's not a good thing that these two maps are in one download, because in my opinion they deserve different ratings.

Alternative #1 was very obvious and simple, although executing the move to the exit required a bit of fiddling with portal positions. My brother and I would give it just a 3/5.

Alternative #2 was much better in the puzzle department, although the maze was not very original in concept. We never made it past the first horizontal smash plate, we kept getting stuck on the spike plate behind it and getting smashed. We had to noclip past it. Despite this annoying flaw, we actually enjoyed the challenge this puzzle presented. If that glitch were fixed, we would definitely give it a 4/5.

We decided that taken together, they only deserve a 3/5. We also felt that based on the second map, you are quite capable of producing great maps, so we hope to see more from you.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 5 of 5