Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Activateed Sign

In the missions, when you push a button.
A strip of lights and an X change colour to an orange Tick.
I found a way of doing this with the strips on the walls by making an illusionary brush and naming it the same as the X thats on the wall.

[img]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4263/texturetoggler20000me0.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4916/texturetoggler20001mz8.th.jpg[/img]

Download Link

It comes with the .bsp and .vmf... LEARN from it don't copy people.

:lol: I was thinking of doing the same thing! I am going to play around with the env_texturetoggle entity that is in the Official maps.

Since you made the map, going to make a tutorial for the wiki?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Hah, i'm just too fast for you now :D

This doesn't result in texture glitches? If it doesn't, that's awesome.

msleeper wrote:
😆 I was thinking of doing the same thing! I am going to play around with the env_texturetoggle entity that is in the Official maps.

Since you made the map, going to make a tutorial for the wiki?

/edit/ and no, no texture glitches for this method - /edit/

I already have a tutorial for this:

Making Indicator Strips

- Make your switch

- Place several brushes sunk into your wall/floor/ceiling and texture them with "signage/indicator_lights/indicator_lights_wall" (replace wall with floor for floor ones) you may want to put "indicator_lights_corner_wall" in the corners like the official maps (you have to make sure the brush with the indicator texture is overlapping the normal wall or floor brush, its bad practice, I know, but its the only way to get it working without having some really wierd and ugly effects. )

- select all the brushes with that texture

- convert them to a func_brush, call them "indicator_strip_1" and set the solidity to "never solid" so that you can portal through them

- create an env_texturetoggle entity, call it "strip_1_toggler" and set its target to "indicator_strip_1"

- select the button's trigger and add this output:

My output: OnTrigger
Target Entity: strip_1_toggler
Target Input: IncrementTextureIndex

youme wrote:
I already have a tutorial for this:
:blah:

[img]http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_faq.gif[/img] Wiki / Tutorials

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Thats not a tutorial, thats a bunch of text youme

I'm pretty sure this is the way I tried it before that resulted in texture errors. Glass and Nodraw would always show through.

I'll wikify it after I get back from getting some chow.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster