Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Access Puzzle Maker From Console?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
FelixGriffin wrote:
Have you tried just running portal 2/bin/hammer.exe?

You actually need to run:

Code: Select all
"Steamsteamappscommonportal 2binhammer.exe" -nop4
legofan623 wrote:
...without using a modified portal2.exe and client.dll and server.dll

What modifications?

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Thanks for all the help guys, I've found a nifty little program that enables the PTI for modified portal 2 versions!

Hmm but if you had Steam, you would not need modifications.
Sry, but I do not quite believe that you bought it.

Hmmm.... all this smells to piracy :thumbdown:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Hmmm.... all this smells to piracy :thumbdown:

This.

If that's not the case you should totally contact steam support; they're probably better in finding out why you get the no steam error. It's a lot better if you have a proper working portal 2 so you can also enjoy all the stuff on the workshop!

Yes I agree. Oh, and to the guys who think my copy is pirated, I'm in sort of a grey area. I bought the game on Steam, but parts of it have the files found in "NO-STEAM" cracks to make it work. client.dll, server.dll, and portal2.exe are all no-steam versions, the rest is clean. Think of it as a patch.

legofan623 wrote:
Yes I agree. Oh, and to the guys who think my copy is pirated, I'm in sort of a grey area. I bought the game on Steam, but parts of it have the files found in "NO-STEAM" cracks to make it work. client.dll, server.dll, and portal2.exe are all no-steam versions, the rest is clean. Think of it as a patch.

I guess that's where your problem is then

I'm getting closer, I can launch from steam now but I don't think it's connecting to steam servers.
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7308/81053390.png

I got this code "editor_toggle".
When I used this code, my game crashes

Game mapper.

[spoiler]not really[/spoiler]

I have a new laptop now so this is no longer a problem.

PreviousPage 2 of 2