Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Access Puzzle Maker From Console?

Page 1 of 2Next

I'm new to map making, and would like to start using puzzle creator. My BOUGHT FROM STEAM copy of portal 2 is buggy and will always say 'no steam' even if steam is running. I can get to maps with the console code 'map ' so single player is fine, but I have no graphical interface for a menu. What I want to know is if i can access the puzzle maker from the console like I do to load maps. Thanks in advance for any help!

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that. Sorry.

Does a disc version of Portal 2 sync to a Steam account? You could try installing it from that Steam account without using the disc, although I don't know if it would work or help.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Steam and all of my games currently run off of an external hard drive, so I'm going to move steam to the pc hard drive and see if that helps.

Try running the executable as an administrator.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

How would I do that on XP? The only option close is 'Run as' which runs it as my account.

You can try changing the favourite steam server, maybe your problem is a bad connection to the steam servers...

LpFreaky90 posted about that here. Check it out.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Didn't do a thing :P. I think I'll just use Source SDK and Portal 1.

legofan623 wrote:
Didn't do a thing :P. I think I'll just use Source SDK and Portal 1.

Why not portal 2 authoring tools and portal 2? :)
Portal 2 map making isn't limited to the PTI ;)

Also; did you try validating your game cache?

Let me spew out all the issues: Portal 2 wont run on my laptop without using a modified portal2.exe and client.dll and server.dll, but doing that makes steam see the game as corrupted. I cant launch from steam because of that, thus the 'no steam' error. If I validate it resets those 3 files back to normal, making the game unplayable again. Also, the authoring tool require a non-modified version of Portal 2 to allow me to start it. Now if I could get the version of Hammer that's from the authoring tools to start without steam, that would work fine. But until then... you get the picture.

Have you tried just running portal 2/bin/hammer.exe?

Falsi sumus crusto!
Page 1 of 2Next