Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A few questions

With the release nearing for Portal, i'm going to start drawing some layouts for Portal maps. I need to know, what exactly do we know for definite the combine balls can be used for? I'm sure the trailers and footage don't show what they are for limited to.

Also, how does one plan to start a Portal map? I know you are just a guinea pig, i'll probably have you fade in, you're coming down in the elevator. Text comes on the screen "Test Subject *TestNo.* Advanced ASHPD (Adrian Shepard? Conspiracy!) Training Commencing" Then you go on and... well that's for me to know you to find out. ;) What you think about that? :idea:

Gosh now i'm even more excited. :gtfo:

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Grudge wrote:
With the release nearing for Portal, i'm going to start drawing some layouts for Portal maps. I need to know, what exactly do we know for definite the combine balls can be used for? I'm sure the trailers and footage don't show what they are for limited to.

I think that's pretty much it.Remember, they kill.

Grudge wrote:
Also, how does one plan to start a Portal map? I know you are just a guinea pig, i'll probably have you fade in, you're coming down in the elevator. Text comes on the screen "Test Subject *TestNo.* Advanced ASHPD (Adrian Shepard? Conspiracy!) Training Commencing" Then you go on and... well that's for me to know you to find out. ;) What you think about that? :idea:

Classic intro. I like it.

[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5913/prtlsigpd2.png[/img]

I am pretty sure you can use the same Combine energy ball setups as you can in HL2. There are some prefabs for them in HL2 single player Hammer, not sure about HL2DM. Also as usual, I expect there to be atleast one or two Portal VMFs added to the SDK.

And yeah that is a nice intro. ;)

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ah forgot about the SDK vmfs, hopefully theyll have an SDK for combine ball to open door setup, and maybe a prefab for the elevator they got. :)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.