Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A different, yet hard to learn in game editor for portal 2

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

The Portal 2 Map Editor, or P2EDIT, is completely impractical for map making. It is extremely clunky, painful to navigate, and simply harder to use than Hammer in almost all respects. Even more difficult is actually playing maps made with it; to such an extent that very, very few people would realistically play a map made with this - regardless of it's quality, hence defeating the purpose of mapping in the first place. P2EDIT is in fact so worthless (especially since the introduction of the Perpetual Testing Initiative) that the developers of this mod have even archived the ModDB page for it.

TL;DR: Would not endorse the use of this to anyone. Puzzle drafting or legitimate map creation alike.

Ultiman9711 wrote:
You know what's better? Hammer.

(yeah ignore the watermark...)

TheTobbell wrote:
I heard from a friend who has a pirated copy of portal 2, and it looks like that hes not the only one who cant update to dlc2. but i never heard of someone who buyed portal 2 and doesnt have the dlc2 update, so please buy the game. (Maybe im Wrong, but i dont think so)
FelixGriffin wrote:
do_not_bug_me wrote:
i cant get the peti (dlc2) for portal 2

Because you have a pirated copy, or for some other reason? ;)

No, I don't have a pirate copy, I don't even know how to do that stupid dum turrent thingy. Plus I don't want to lose my steam account. The dlc didn't come with the game and I cant seem to get it manually. I had it before, but I got a error. And that's the last I remember of it.

I'm not sure I believe that, but have you tried verifying your cache while connected to the internet?

Falsi sumus crusto!

If you delete the game and redownload it through steam, it will download the most recent build of the game; which will include dlc2.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

One thing that I DID like about po2edit was that starting in the mock void allowed more creative freedom than the PTI starting room. That sounds odd, but what I mean is that you feel a little less limited in the structure of the map. The PTI starting room makes it a little harder to get the idea juices flowing. I don't know, maybe (probably) it's just me that feels that way.

ImageImage

It shouldn't be used for map making, but it's quite fun just moving around and changing things.

iWork925 wrote:
If you delete the game and redownload it through steam, it will download the most recent build of the game; which will include dlc2.
FelixGriffin wrote:
I'm not sure I believe that, but have you tried verifying your cache while connected to the internet?

It worked thanks! :-D

I find this usefull to test physics in portal 2 BEFORE making the maps.

Image Portal Dreams Mod... It's going to be refreshing, Like lemonade... Mmmm don't make me thirsty,
Chilius03 wrote:
I find this usefull to test physics in portal 2 BEFORE making the maps.

Testing physics? I dont know which physics i should test. If a cube doesnt fall down like i want to, i can use trigger_push'es, clips, magnets etc.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next