Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A different, yet hard to learn in game editor for portal 2

Page 1 of 3Next

Ok, so I found a portal 2 in game editor without the dlc2 (PETI)
But the only downsides are: You cant make paint dispensers and its really hard to learn (i got the hang of it at least)
Find it here: http://portal2.gamebanana.com/gamefiles/2613
NOTE1:If you spawn npcs like the hover turret from the console, it will stay in the map.
NOTE2:If you want to test your map press the key "F11" press it again to edit (make sure you save your map before you test!)
NOTE3:If you want to save your map, pause and press save game.
Also vote if you want this to be more recognized by anyone
THE POLL LASTS 2 MONTHS
RE VOTING ALLOWED

You know what's better? Hammer. Sorry, but this looks useless. I can't even see a purpose to using this in conjunction with Hammer. Once again, sorry, but I voted no. I can see that it's an interesting concept, but as a user it seems impractical and clunky.

thanks for your opinion :)
I know but its what im limited to because i cant get the peti (dlc2) for portal 2, and learning hammer is much harder than this, trust me I have used and i had no idea what i was doing (yes I have watched tutorials)

do_not_bug_me wrote:
learning hammer is much harder than this, trust me I have used and i had no idea what i was doing (yes I have watched tutorials)

You should really persist with Hammer. You have no idea how much it sickens me when I see people toddling off to PTI after saying "Hammer's too difficult." Well, it's only difficult if you don't try. :thumbup: I know you mentioned having already tried tutorials, have you perchance looked at TopHattWaffle's tuts? IMO they're the definitive tutorials for mapping.

this looks very similar to the portal 1 level editor from back in the day. But yea; hammer is way better. and imo the pti is better than this too. ;)

Lpfreaky90 wrote:
imo the pti is better than this too. ;)

Agree

do_not_bug_me wrote:
i cant get the peti (dlc2) for portal 2

Because you have a pirated copy, or for some other reason? ;)

Falsi sumus crusto!

I remember using this bad boy back in the day, before the PTI came out and when I didn't know hammer.
I made a ton of maps with it, all of them now listed as savegames. Unfortunately by giving them names I corrupted them.

While it is less efficient than the PTI or Hammer by a long shot, it was good fun when there was no alternative. It's what got my interest into mapping.

You know, I might decompile that map, just to see how much logic is involved.

ImageImage

I heard from a friend who has a pirated copy of portal 2, and it looks like that hes not the only one who cant update to dlc2. but i never heard of someone who buyed portal 2 and doesnt have the dlc2 update, so please buy the game. (Maybe im Wrong, but i dont think so)

I've used this before PTI with my friend, and it's actually quite cool, but it's temporary, and can only be used for simple maps.

Page 1 of 3Next