Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A Beam Too Far

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

6 out of 5 points!!!!

I got stuck at the powerswitch-part and I had to cheat. The solution was one of the kind I would never get in a 1000 years.. oh man.

The last part took me about 2 hours (I'm not the fastest, but I'm persistent), and I managed it without cheating. This was perfection!!

More of this please!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

I'm amazed that you stayed with it for 2 hours! Many others would have cheated or looked up a hint by that time, but you finished it all by yourself. That's definitely an accomplishment. :thumbup:

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

I'm amazed that you stayed with it for 2 hours! Many others would have cheated or looked up a hint by that time, but you finished it all by yourself. That's definitely an accomplishment. :thumbup:

Your map(s) absolutely deserves it. I have a friend, he is very "fast" in everything he's doing and impatient. He likes playing Portal and Portal 2, but when he's running around in a map and doing and trying for over 10 minutes without a clue, he looks for a hint or stops playing the map at all. He didn't know what he's missing.

Well, I'm the other extreme :lol:

Absolutely stunning. Offered a bit more challenge than the first instalment, was filled with beautiful 'aha' moments and the puzzles were the type to keep me thinking but never frustrated. I especially liked the BTS section and its solution, which I thought was really creative and original. Thanks!

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------

I might be a little late to the party, but here are my thoughts.

I still have fond memories of the first sendificator map, and I was excited to see what developements had been made for the second installment; I wasn't disappointed. I noticed a couple of new effects: new ring indicators helpfully explained where the linked laser emitter was, and I noticed the sendificator itself firing a portal gun particle. Just like the box-teleporting effect, the chambers looked great; they were clearly rotting and decaying, but there was never any detailing in the puzzle rooms which caught my eye and distracted me, leaving me free to ponder the puzzle.

While I got a little stuck in some sections, I can't complain about the map at all. Every element was placed for a reason, meaning the map felt solidly constructed throughout. It's well worth a playthrough, and a worthy successor to Part Zero.

I've written up my actions and thoughts while playing the map; hopefully they're still relevant and/or useful to you.
My Playthrough - Spoilerific

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
after one failed attempt involving the light bridge. Following the sign, I managed to sendificate a cube through glass pane. "Bugger! That's not a solid wall!" I thought. Then it dawned on me that you spent a whole puzzle training me up to deal with this! From there the chamber was virtually complete, and I left it feeling very satisfied.[/spoiler]

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's nice to hear that most people like the BTS trip. Some players complained that the map is a bit too long (mostly because they didn't know you can quick-save), but general feedback has been very positive.

Very nice review, Beard! You did the second part completely as intended. (Originally there was another way to get the first cube over there, which involved using the bridge. But that was way too clumsy so I simplified it.)

I've not been in here as often as I would like lately, because I'm a bit under the weather. Hopefully this will clear up soon, but right now all the coughing and sneezing makes it hard to concentrate on anything. :)

Incredible level. Everything from the atmosphere to the puzzles is excellent. Keep the sendificator puzzles coming!

I did find a different solution to one thing Beard mentioned in his spoiler:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Yep, that's the original solution :D

HMW; why isn't this map in your signature?:P

Because I forgot to update it :D
Thanks for the reminder!

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next