Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2012 Heavy-Duty Super-Mapping Super-Contest

Page 1 of 5Next

ThinkingWithPortals and The Portal Wiki are proud to present the 2012 Heavy-Duty Super-Mapping Super-Contest

This contest is a follow-up to the successful 2011 Summer Mapping Initiative here at ThinkingWithPortals. We are aiming to promote and reward skill in puzzle design and advanced map-making techniques. In achieving the above, we anticipate the contest will produce fantastic content for the Portal 2 player-base to enjoy, and provide incentive for folks newly introduced to mapping via PTI to grow and expand their skills.

The contest is a free-roaming mapping competition, meaning entrants have complete creative freedom over their entry. The very best maps, as judged by a team of staff and community members from the Thinking With Portals and The Portal Wiki communities, will receive the prizes listed below; and have their work spotlighted on ThinkingWithPortals.

The contest will run from Thursday, July 18 until Sunday, August 5 - 19 days to map!

We will be awarding a huge number of prizes given to us by Valve and The Portal Wiki staff members. Entry rules and more specific information can be found on the contest site.

The 2011 contest produced a huge number of amazing maps, and we are sure this contest will be no less! What are you waiting for? There's no time to waste!

2012 Heavy-Duty Super-Mapping Super-Contest

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I knew it. You all called me crazy when the baseless speculation outbreak or 2012 was my fault, but I was right. How does it feel to know I am a psychic? I am the best psychic EVAR!

Big Mood

DONT WORRY EVERYONE I GOT THE ANNOUNCEMENT AND IM HERE

AND IF YOU'RE WONDERING WHY IM TYPING IN CAPS ITS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD FIT THE HEAVY-DUTINESS OF THIS CONTEST

Another Bad Pun wrote:
AND IF YOU'RE WONDERING WHY IM TYPING IN CAPS ITS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD FIT THE HEAVY-DUTINESS OF THIS CONTEST

I like your style.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
portal2tenacious wrote:
I knew it. You all called me crazy when the baseless speculation outbreak or 2012 was my fault, but I was right. How does it feel to know I am a psychic? I am the best psychic EVAR!

:baselessspeculation:

portal2tenacious wrote:

No one called you crazy. You took a line of text that said something around the lines of "...something will happen..." and than you typed "OMG IT'S ANOTHER CONTEST I MUST TELL EVERYONE!" When he never confirmed it was a contest. So yes, at the time it was rather baseless...

Anyway, I'm hyped for the contest, I just hope I can work around Hammer's more consistent crashing lately. I'm hoping to see some excellent maps from you all! :thumbup:

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Djinndrache wrote:
portal2tenacious wrote:
I knew it. You all called me crazy when the baseless speculation outbreak or 2012 was my fault,;but I was right. How does it feel to know I am a psychic? I am the best psychic EVAR!

I should have expected that.

Big Mood
Djinndrache wrote:
portal2tenacious wrote:

:lol:

Btw, which is the last day for accepting contest submissions? is it Aug.8th or 5th?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I get home August 4th... >_> oh well, there's always next contest... :notwant:

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
UsCobra11 wrote:
I get home August 4th... >_> oh well, there's always next contest... :notwant:

Judge *AHEM*

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
Page 1 of 5Next