Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Xfire

Page 1 of 2Next

Wondering if any one else has Xfire except for me xD.

If you do have xfire, just post it and we could get some game running when people have free time (like tf2 or css or any other games).

Mines is Diddykong42

Feel free to add me.

Used to use XFire, but then a) It started causing my games to crash and b) Valve pushed out the new version of Friends which doesn't suck.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Same here as Hober... it slowed my computer down too much... too many updates and well.. couldn't be bothered.

Ditto to the hoberage.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

I use xfire all the time. I actually have two accounts going at once, as I run dual computers.

Since I don't use any special skins, and I have downloads disabled, the program is pretty small. Right now it's using a total of 15 megs of ram. Whoop D doo.

I've never had it conflict with any programs, though I've been hearing of people with problems with it and the newer versions of punkbuster (for EA's battlefield series). But I don't really care about that, as I've stopped purchasing EA products. (They can die in a fire as the saying goes.)

Also: Not accepting random friend invites :P

The only way I saw Xfire slow my comp down is if I had it automaticly run on startup...It would take like 3 minutes longer just to beable to do stuff after it starts up. But other then that there is the occasional error that happens when it crashes your game but that only happens like once like every 3 weeks or so.

Xfire is a buggy POS. Having said that I still use it, mainly for voice chat.

[img]http://wiigo.co.uk/sig/sig.gif[/img]

The cake, you say that like Steam community doesn't have VoIP, or TS / Vent doesn't exist. :P

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

xfire voice chat is a pos...

And personally if you actually have had xfire for a while, you notice you don't get glitches barely at all...

I think people hate it because they get there game crashed like 2 times and they just think its shit.

Grudge wrote:
The cake, you say that like Steam community doesn't have VoIP, or TS / Vent doesn't exist. :P

I never said the other options were bad its just most of my guild use xfire.

Steam doesn't let me choose which device to use for audio input/output (unless the options are hidden somewhere but I couldn't find em) so I can't use my headset :(

And I ain't tried TS or Vent.

[img]http://wiigo.co.uk/sig/sig.gif[/img]
Page 1 of 2Next