Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why is goo sometimes not rendered? [using styles-mod]

I'm using several mods to the puzzlemaker: BEE 1.05, HMW's items, Felix's items, and the Styles mod. I put everything always together with the Styles mod.
I have edited my own editoritems.txt containing my favourite items from all of the aforementioned mods, and I frequently change it where the need arises.

Can anyone tell why it happens often that when I'm building a map, the goo does not appear? Goo pits in my maps appear as holes through which nothingness is rendered, and the goo that fills the bottom of the enrichment spheres in the old-style maps doesn't exist. It does kill you, and destroy items, but the goo is not rendered.
When I compile different maps using the same editoritems.txt, I get goo in some maps but not in others. I have not set the "GooIsPit" setting to 1.

I have not been able to figure out the pattern of what makes this happen. Does anyone have ideas what could be the cause?

There are probably a number of reasons why the paint isn't showing up.

1. The paint is physically hitting something before even being thrown out of the pipe
  2. The value "paint in map" is not set (however I did read that you are using the Puzzlemaker so this shouldnt be the problem.)
  3. There may be a leak (problem with one of the instances) and the result is that your map is not fully compiled.
  4. There could be a bug with the Styles mod or with another one of those mods.

If you do have the hammer editor - my first check would be to see if it leaks or if something is missing. Export the map you made inside the puzzle maker to a hammer .vmf then 'saveas' and recompile the map. What you need to look out for is something like this:

Code: Select all
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
**** leaked ****
Entity path_track (576.00 -2720.00 -3984.00) leaked!

After it compiles and it said there was a leak you can use the Map -> Load Pointfile option to show you where this leak is. If the red line points through an instance then you can file a bug report to the maker of the mod.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

...Paint? Pipe? Do we have a terminology problem? I was talking about the deadly goo, not about the various gels.

Non-rendering water could also be a problem with leaks. Try out my solution anyway.
Most probably it has something to do with your visibility (visleafs) or the material used for the water.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of terms. I usually skim over posts and read key words.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Thank you. Will try that.