Please or Register to create posts and topics.

why hasn't anybody made something like this???

even since portal 1, I've waited around for somebody to make a map that features a huge room vaguely resembling the portal gun's functional end, that would make a huge portal in space or something like that when the puzzle was solved. i'm guessing aperture did this at some point,which made the borealis disappear, which is also a piece of canon that has been around since portal 1's first release on the orange box, so... why hasn't anybody made a map like that yet...? i would have especially expected it when portal 1 was more popular, due to hl2's assets being accessible in the sdk at the time, so they could use the portal that dr.breen tried to open as the model for the portal that the massive portal generator opens, so it wasn't a problem with custom content surely...? i just think it's a good enough and obvious enough idea that im suprized nobody made it yet.

:shrug:

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

The idea doesn't seem too obvious to me, but if you have a puzzle idea and can build even a prototype I can show you how to make that effect.

Falsi sumus crusto!

i don't really have a puzzle idea for that, but if you want to run away with this idea go ahead. even though it's my idea technically, i honestly don't have a use for it myself. i think that the effect is perfectly possible with world portals, and i know how i would make that happen, but i have other things to do before i would get the chance to make the map myself. :P

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.