Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wheatley's Trajectory

PreviousPage 2 of 2
FelixGriffin wrote:
Okay, new problem I just noticed: why did the portal close after GLaDOS pulled you in? The portal gun couldn't have hit a fizzler, it was leaving the moon at 197.67 meaters per second. And it's not a range limit or you couldn't have opened the moon portal.

Maybe the Portal will close when its at a distance from thousands of metres from the Portalgun,
but that would be to much random, that the portal closes "randomly", through the brocken connection or anything. I think that GLaDOS can close Portals manually.

TheTobbell wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:
Okay, new problem I just noticed: why did the portal close after GLaDOS pulled you in? The portal gun couldn't have hit a fizzler, it was leaving the moon at 197.67 meaters per second. And it's not a range limit or you couldn't have opened the moon portal.

Maybe the Portal will close when its at a distance from thousands of metres from the Portalgun,
but that would be to much random, that the portal closes "randomly", through the brocken connection or anything. I think that GLaDOS can close Portals manually.

But then how did the Moon one stay open for so long? It was as far from the Portalgun at the start as the Earth one was at the end.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
TheTobbell wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:

But then how did the Moon one stay open for so long? It was as far from the Portalgun at the start as the Earth one was at the end.

I know what you mean, and i dont know an answer..

My theory: Wheatley can control the gun remotely (the same way it can fire portals when it's on the stand in Test Chambers 4 and 11, it seems to be wireless because you can just pick it up), and he's trying to find a way to portal back to Earth. Of course it's almost impossible to hit Conversion Gel by firing from space, but he could have accidentally shot a blue portal on the moon while experimenting.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Doesn't anyone think this is a bit trivial? There isn't any secret meaning behind the portal closing. GLaDOS closed it or something.

Dr.Toaster Waffles wrote:
Doesn't anyone think this is a bit trivial? There isn't any secret meaning behind the portal closing. GLaDOS closed it or something.

Of course. But it's fun to debate.

Falsi sumus crusto!

i think glados definitely closed it. probably because chell was passing out from suffocation and glados had to set her down.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

Or maybe the portal device broke on account of the fact that over the course of two games, it has been dropped multiple times, shot at, hit by lasers and energy pellets, been in toxic goo, fallen into the incinerator, fished out again, covered in three types of gel, blown up seconds before it is evacuated into space where it collides with debris from the remains of Wheatley's chamber. Frankly, it's amazing it didn't break down earlier.

Although I do think it's more likely that GLaDOS shut it down remotely when she took control back. If she can fizzle Companion cubes at will, then she can shut down portals.

Nice calculation, btw! :thumbup:

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

:angrysquare:

Quote:
Although I do think it's more likely that GLaDOS shut it down remotely when she took control back. If she can fizzle Companion cubes at will, then she can shut down portals.

whyyy!?!?!? I was going to say that. :(

This... sentence... is... false.... dontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutit
MLIA
Thanks in advance :thumbup:
PreviousPage 2 of 2