Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What if we had a "visuals only" contest?

Page 1 of 2Next

By "visuals only", i mean that participants would be given a vmf download with a basic puzzle in a dev textured room, and whoever makes the most original and interesting aesthetic style of the map would win. so each person has the exact same puzzle in the map, but each map has a different style. what does everyone think?

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

I think TF2Maps did something like this a while back.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

I actually like the sound of that. If we could get more people on board, then I'm sure it'd be a lot of fun.

reepblue wrote:
I think TF2Maps did something like this a while back.

That was for Harvest wasn't it? The one that became a Halloween map back in 2011-12 or so?

ImageImage

This does seem like a good idea.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

That sounds like a very interesting initiative :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I'd like to see a contest for this.

The only problem I have with it is that the judges, when playing the last few maps, would be so bored with the puzzle that they might not enjoy it as much as the first maps, even though it's judged mostly on visuals.

I think, maybe there could be a few elements chosen by the judges that each map had to use, but the mappers could make their own short puzzles with these elements, just so that the judges don't get bored.

Perhaps the flowchart of the puzzle is given, but the mappers can implement it however they like? And each judge plays the maps in a random order as well.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I like the idea! Or maybe i just want any contest, because the last one is so long ago..

I'd want to do this. Would there be a specified theme or just do whatever?

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb
Arachnaphob wrote:
Would there be a specified theme or just do whatever?

Aside from the puzzle elements, I don't think there would be.

ImageImage
Page 1 of 2Next