Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Useful console commands for mappers.

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next
MasterLagger wrote:
Regarding the trigger_catapult that BEARD! mentioned, it's actually
"ent_box <name of catapult entity>."

I'm fairly certain ent_bbox <entity classname> works perfectly fine, unless you're wanting to direct the command towards a specific entity.

Oh, I was under the impression that the command was specifically for the catapult. My bad.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Added the following:

Code: Select all
//The following 2 commands require "developer 1", and show stuff like
//portal placement helpers, and their hammer model where available.
//Note: The BBox doesn't necessarily match the physics collision.
[b]ent_bbox <objectname>[/b] Shows an axis aligned bounding box around the object name (i.e trigger*).
[b]cl_ent_bbox[/b] Shows the bounding box around !picker.

ent_fire <entity name> setplayerspeed <speed> //Alter the speed of faith plates that use speed:
ent_fire <entity name> setphysics speed <speed>

Cheers MasterLagger :)
And credited RubishUsername ChickenMobile with some I'd forgotten. My bad.

I think I tried to make it pretty clear that most commands accept both partial or full classnames and entity names, but tbh I can't be bothered doing <entnameorclassname> on everything :)

Instead of "blue" or "red" for the coop players, also !player_orange and !player_blue works (independent of their targetname).

Thanks Skotty, didn't know those ones :)

Mini update:

mat_show_histogram 1
and
r_simpleworldModel_drawbeyonddistance_fullscreen

Bookmarked, thanks.

Interesting new one I found while browsing a disassembly:

map whatever *sp

Adding *sp at the end forces even coop maps to run in single player without renaming them.

Is there a corresponding command for multiplayer instead of mp_coop?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Woops, looks like it didn't save my last post.
Yes, the alternate version is "ss_map sp_a3_03 *mp" just as you'd use ss_map/ss_enable normally.

However, unless the map has been made specifically to allow coop and single player starts you'll run into some problems, i.e. Player can't move, players can't see eachother, you *can* crouch and move the cam around, you can't jump, etc.
I believe this is something to do with trying to spawn both players from the same info_player_start, instead of having one info_coop_spawn each.

Some maps have gotten around this by including both the SP and MP starts (map mp_coop_community_hub and the portal2playground map) can be started either by renaming sp_/mp_ or running with *sp / *mp at the end. Another approach soon after P2 came out was to use the text files that add stuff for the map commentary to add player spawns as well - worked pretty well, but I'm not sure where you'll find those nowadays.

If anyone can work out how to 'unjam' the players when the maps' not set up for it properly, that'd be great!

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next