Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unlimited cubes Test Chamber 13

Yo. It's krikkit, I'm new here. I made an account because I found a bug that I couldn't find any info about online so I wanna know if you guys know it. Basically I make the quad portal and make a cube disappear and GLaDOS says that I am stuck and makes a new box and poens the door to the first room. Now I have two boxes and an open door. I proceeded to make these two disappear and two more appeared, along with the original two. I then had four, which I have witnesses to. I then tried to see what would happen with a camera and it killed me so I had to restart. I have since only been able to open the door and get both cubes and an empty door, and can prove it with a pic when I stop being lazy.

I'm confused as to what you're saying.

If you lock both boxes in the first room and remove a portal from that room, she opens the first door (And disables the button).

If you then lock both boxes beyond the second door and remove the portal from there, she opens that door.

So.. what about this.. quad.. portal?

I think he means that he's using change_portal_linkage_id # to change... the linkage id of his portals. It's default 0, so that means that if you change it to 1 or any other number you can make a new pair of portals... then to 0 and it will replace only the original pair of portals. etcetcetc

Well see that would be cheating.

So it's not a bug, and no one cares about it.

volt wrote:
I think he means that he's using change_portal_linkage_id # to change... the linkage id of his portals. It's default 0, so that means that if you change it to 1 or any other number you can make a new pair of portals... then to 0 and it will replace only the original pair of portals. etcetcetc

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get ahead of yourself, I don't even have Portal for PC. I have Orange Box on 360. I don't understand what you're saying but it works like this. I make a portal on the wall in the second room. I stand halfway in that portal and shoot the ground with another so you can see 4 portals. This is quad-portal. I then grab a box and while holding onto it spin around and go through these portals. Eventually 9sometimes fast and sometimes slow) the box will disappear and re-appear in the first room. GLaDOS will know you can no longer complete the puzzle, open the first door, and de-activate it. I then did this again (this is the step I cannot repeat for the life of me) and a third box appeared, along with the respawn of the first, thus, 3 boxes. I did this yet again and got 4, before dying and being unable to do it again (but I will try). I have the map saved with two boxes and the switch useless/door open, and can easily replicate this. The problem is I cannot do video as I don't know how. Stills to come.

Ok. So I tried doing this to the companion cube but I get one of two things. I either get:

A: A companion cube, and a new one where the first one comes from, but it doesn't fall.

B: Only one I can't get to.

I finished the level with option B using the cameras and when i got to the incineration part, GLaDOS didn't say anything. I think I finally found a bug even Valve didn't catch.