Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unexplained Leak

I'd appreciate help anyone can give, i have a problem and I can't for the life of me work out what's going on. I'm making a map for the November competion (I hope I finish in time :o). Everything was going perfectly until suddenly Hammer started reporting a leak.

But when I load the point file (which is supposed to point to the leak), it points to and from to points in thin air, there's totally nothing there. I can't work out what it thinks is leaking.

http://leckweb.5elements.net/mods/Map_Pointfile.jpg

There's normal brushes all around everywhere, so I can't work out what it is :(

make sure that brush the leak is going through isn't a func_detail or func_brush or anything, make sure its a world entity, to make sure selected it, tools, move to world.

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

It is definately a world entity, and its not going through any brushes, it stops just before it, in mid air.

you should post what the compile log says about the leak

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

I always forget to look at the complile log :| Said it was a func_door, turns out it was sliding out of the map when it opens, but its inside when closed, which is why I never noticed it.

But the wierd bit is I've had those doors since the start, and its only complaining about them now..

I had some similar ghost leaks but I know I'm not the only one to have this problem, and I just don't know how it is called to google it.

I've lost those files because I've started back to zero, but... try to select ALL the entities, activate the helper (otigin and radius display) and see if there's origins outside the world...

The only way I've found to solve it is by placind nodraw cubes at each end of the red line. But there MUST be a better way.

Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).

Aha! I found exactly what it was! The func_door that's part of my box/button thingo somehow got its origin stuck outside the map. Moved it bac, now its working perfectly. I must have accidentally dragged it somehow.

:D