Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Tutorial] The Portal Glitch Bible

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
pestchamber wrote:
Nothing. But if any of us found a glitch which is not listed in the main post and we go like

REALLLY STUPID GLITCH
To use this glitch, you need to go to the console and type 'kill'. You will instantly win the game.

(ofc something serious)

Would you add it to the main post?

Sure, why not =p

Chamber 74: Speed Run, Least Portals
Affinity: Least Portals

Portal Standing (tunneling) is best used when using a cul-de-sac with a low ceiling (crouch). When you stand up (into the portal), you can portal yourself across walls and ceilings.
It's not featured in the original chambers, but it is used excusively in a custom map (Other Chamber 8 )). A portion of my map will feature this, likely with some timed death traps to make the player sweat a little.

Warning: This particular trick does not work well for people who get gaming motion sickness.

Sparky the Telus Pig status:
Fully recovered and kicking ham!
Now if only the snow and mud goes away (pigs truly hate wet mud!).
Siiig wrote:
Sure, why not =p

Haha i can't believe you added it!

May want to add Accelerated Forward Hopping (AFH) to the list too.

How can I view the demos? :oops:

nibbler234 wrote:
How can I view the demos? :oops:

To play a demo, put the demo file in c:/sprogram files/steam/steamapps/<your user name>/portal/portal
Then launch portal, open the console (~) and type in

Code: Select all
playdemo <demo_name>

i've stumbled upon an odd glitch in some of my recent portal antics.
basically, you place a portal on the floor and the other one somewhere else (don;t know if it matters...) and then jump into the floor portal, but just before you hit it, crouch, and instead of falling through the portal you just bounce up in the air above the floor portal a couple feet. i doubt it would have any usefulness, and i can't recreate it at will (can't figure out the timing that does it consistently...), but its a glitch.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
again wrote:
i've stumbled upon an odd glitch in some of my recent portal antics.
basically, you place a portal on the floor and the other one somewhere else (don;t know if it matters...) and then jump into the floor portal, but just before you hit it, crouch, and instead of falling through the portal you just bounce up in the air above the floor portal a couple feet. i doubt it would have any usefulness, and i can't recreate it at will (can't figure out the timing that does it consistently...), but its a glitch.

You cannot do this consistently, like a lot of portal glitches.
It is just a thing that occurs when you go through a portal slightly wrong and it does that type of thing.
Another such glitch occurs if you jump through a portal in a particular way it causes the player to be shot out of the portal as if they had been flung, but much more powerfully than a normal fling. (I hope that made sense...)

You could possibly recreate this, but probably not intentionally.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I have jet lag

What is that? Is that the file that was refrenced at the beginning of this post? (That's what it looks like)

It'd be a good idea to sticky this.

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next