Please or Register to create posts and topics.

turret switches between oracle and sentry

as seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQ4Us1qi7w
the turret at first is an oracle turret, using its aiming laser, but not firing (i dont do notarget)
, and then, when I put it in the excursion funnel, i take it out and it acts like a normal turret. i was able to swutch the turret between its 2 modes. anyone else getting this bug?

On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT

Nope, I can't reproduce this.

In the video, there is GLaDOS talking - so are you using any aditional mods that might have screwed the turret? What you can always try is to verify the game cache.

zivi7 wrote:
Nope, I can't reproduce this.

In the video, there is GLaDOS talking - so are you using any aditional mods that might have screwed the turret? What you can always try is to verify the game cache.

In the comments you said it was vanilla portal 2, but as zivi7 pointed out, you can hear GLaDOS, which makes me wonder if you used the Stylemod.... I'm not sure, but Carl may have added a "Start Enabled" option or something of the sort, which could have caused something like this.

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Well, technically it WASN'T vanilla, as I had the BEEMOD and StyleChanger installed, but neither were used to create the map.

On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT

I see you used the PTI to create this chamber, which means that if you had the BEEMod and StyleMod installed those would affect the turret even if you didn't think they would
like having the BEEMOD installed changes the entry hallways.. you cant tell but I fixed leaks and added the monoportal upgrade gun.... these things are always in your game but only used if you place a mounted portal device

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

It's a bug with the game. Having placed the turret in the excursion funnel made the turret glitch it out. I found this out a few months back, way before the PTI.

_H8OfGI6p4g&