Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Try Anything Twice

PreviousPage 8 of 9Next

They're just not the same. D: It's okay though because I especially hated the HEPs, for the same reason they got removed. Testing puzzles will be much easier now. :D

I told HMW a year ago I would release a map...I like to keep my word.
lightOfDay wrote:
One last question: What types of puzzles do you try to have in your maps, easy ones? Hard ones? Short ones? Long ones? Ones with new elements? How much of each? A healthy mix?

I like to start each new "project" with relatively easy puzzles, mostly to make players familiar with any new things I introduce. Then I try to gradually increase the difficulty.
(By the way, getting the right difficulty level is probably the hardest part of puzzle designing. What is hard for one person may be easy for another. The best way to determine how hard a given puzzle is, is letting many people beta-test it!)

lightOfDay wrote:
I've never released a map because I was always afraid of the response I would get. Now I think I'll try it!

You should not be too worried about negative responses. People on this site are generally friendly to beginners, as long as you show that you have made some effort to learn about the basics of mapping. Also remember that any (negative) criticism is not directed at you personally, just at your map in its current state. It's an opportunity to learn and improve your work!

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

The lasers in the second puzzle stopped working.

That wasn't very helpful. Here's what I meant. The lasers no longer redirect or extend through portals. They worked before. Maybe the Steampipe thing broke the laser mechanic? Maybe?

Signatures are overrated.

Yeah, I know. Some recent update (steampipe or otherwise) messed some things up in these maps, especially the lasers.

I noticed it some time ago and planned to fix it, but I forgot about it. So thanks for the reminder.

Bump. Is it fixed? Wish to play this map again after all these years! Any chances for the fix?

Someone noticed isse on steamcommunity: http://steamcommunity.com/app/400/discu ... 461662892/

Yeah it got pushed to the back again by other things. (Unfortunately, one of those things is me getting RSI, which means I have to limit the time I spend on the computer.)

Fortunately I have finally found out what the problem is; I'll have a look at it this weekend and see if I can get a fixed version out.

Done!

I had to increase some delays in the laser system to make it stable, so it will be a bit slower than the original version. <Insert Cave Johnson speed-of-light quote here.>

I tested it on both Windows and Linux and it works correctly on both platforms. (I don't own a Mac so I can't test that, unfortunately.)

Thanks You, Unreal Air is a masterpiece.

Not sure if this has already been reported, but in the 4th chamber the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
will break after reloading the game.
Spoiler
will fix this, but doing so requires you to use noclip.

Edit: Noclip not required,

Spoiler
. Still should be fixed though.

VBSP failed: Could not open instance file instances/luke18033/signature.vmf

Another bug: Sometimes when using the

Spoiler
, the player will become "Stagnant Forever" below the map when
Spoiler

VBSP failed: Could not open instance file instances/luke18033/signature.vmf
PreviousPage 8 of 9Next