Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The workshop really needs a new rating system.

Just wanted to ask whether any of you had any thoughts on the workshop rating system.
Personally, I feel the thumbs up, thumbs down rating system is far too vague. It doesn't tell the creator anything. What does a thumbs down mean? Does it mean they couldn't solve it? That they didn't like the look or feel of it? That they disliked the mechanics or the puzzle? That the chamber was broken? It means nothing except that the player disliked something about the chamber... And that doesn't help the creator improve.

What I would like to see is for Valve to replace the thumbs system with a rating system out of five stars, a small survey with checkboxes forcing the player to explain what they liked/disliked about the map, and perhaps a comment box for people to voice their opinion. This would help the map creator immensely.

Also, we need clear rules on how the rating system works - how a map gets to the most popular page, and how the overall rating is determined. This ought to filter out crap maps and keep intelligent puzzles.
What do you think? Should the system change? Tell me your opinions - and not just by
writing "thumbs down". :lol:

There's evidence of a different system in some of the DLC2 files (it had a radial menu for feedback, a bit like the gesture system, with options like "Stuck!" and "Puzzle too easy"), but the code behind it is dummied out.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Well the reason they probably have the rating system like they do is because people like simple things and most definitely a player would be annoyed if they had to write a sentence or click more than one button.

What should have been included was more automatic stats which only the author could see. I miss the graded rating system they did have because it had some very useful information about the amount of thumbs up and down.
If there was some way to tell if the player left the game earlier, the time they spent on the map (average it out to show the stats).

I wouldn't expect any changes to be made tbh. They all have something better to do :)

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Then maybe, the player can optionaly go to the workshop page and fill out the feedback menu.

yishbarr wrote:
Then maybe, the player can optionaly go to the workshop page and fill out the feedback menu.

Yeah, that could work, though many players don't want to spend time to go into the workshop...