Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread

PreviousPage 8 of 257Next
Rubrica wrote:
Nice as that is,mthe squashed observation room throws off my perception a little; what exactly is going on there? The wall tiles seem too short - that, or that observation room really is that tiny.

Since the observation room instances do not have glass that breaks I had to create a custom window. Other than that, the observation room is as high as any default one.

EDIT:

Rubrica wrote:
Though my OCPD would like to remind you that indicator lights no longer have frames; they're sunk into the wall. Keep up the good work! :)

Then how can you explain this?

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Au right - the room is tall enough, but the window is short, right? Anyway, you could always just redesign one of the stock instances with a breakable window, for consistency, or at least use the stock window frames; as it is, it's a little jarring. Aside from that, it's nice; I like the contrast you created with the he's of the lights, though my OCPD would like to remind you that indicator lights no longer have frames; they're sunk into the wall. Keep up the good work! :)

ImageImageImageImage

@chickenmobile: Looking nice gameplay wise, but there are some aesthetic things I would like to point out. First, (although small,) the floor button doesn't have a button pedestal under it. (Gasp!) Second thing, are you using global_ents? It would make this look much better if not. Set it on destroyed or something. Third: The observation room would look better if you used the frame for it. (The prop kind.) I make all of my observation rooms from scratch. (I think they're much more customizable this way.)

@Team Citruz: Looking nice, but the white tiles on the walls look bad. They need to be indented. In all, I think the walls need more variation or even better, some interesting shadows.

Another Bad Pun wrote:
@chickenmobile: Looking nice gameplay wise, but there are some aesthetic things I would like to point out.

Good to know that my 1 day of work has some flaws which are easily pointed out.

@Chickenmobile For me too chamber looks very nice and interesting, nice work you have made. I agree with Another Bad Pun what he noticed on your level. But I can see on ceiling(what is broken) squarebeams you used, they are clean ones and that is strange in old and dirty chamber, right? So you may change the skin of them dirty one.

Good job although, keep it up ! :thumbup:

The Corrupted - 1st place winner of the ThinkingWithPortals.com mapping contest 2012 !!
chickenmobile wrote:
Good to know that my 1 day of work has some flaws which are easily pointed out.

Good to know that you somehow expected me to know how long you'd been working on the map.
I'd assume someone posting their map on "The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread" would have worked on it for more than one day. On a lighter note: That's pretty good considering you made it that fast. (I would take three days.)

Another Bad Pun wrote:
Good to know that you somehow expected me to know how long you'd been working on the map.
I'd assume someone posting their map on "The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread" would have worked on it for more than one day. On a lighter note: That's pretty good considering you made it that fast. (I would take three days.)

Not many people understand my humor. But on that note: I'm going to work on another puzzle for a day and then get some specialized advice after I'm done xD. :kermit:

Robo-Disco! Seriously, this is part of a map I'm working on. Expect more dancing robots!

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Here is a tiny teaser for my upcoming map pack :lol:

Starting to think of alternate ways of entering a building and adding hidden rooms. These pictures are backstage areas of the Robo-Disco.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 8 of 257Next