Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Perfect Flame Texture

Page 1 of 2Next

We all saw Valves Fire portals in the retail version and they were near Perfect, well now I have made the perfect flame Portals. I Spent a very very long time working on these. To begin let me explain how I did this, I saw Pelpix's Leipzeig Portals and thought wow very very good. I used his noise blur and Chromed it and edited it a bit in Photoshop to create this.

Which looks like this, the outside is particles, once again dont post if you are going to mention the Particles...

I then thought hmm these are great, but arent really fire like so I went to Photoshop. I spent over a week creating and editing a noise blur, and here it is.

These turned out amazing, I was shocked at how fire like they were; but once again they werent Fire like enough.

So I began thinking what could make perfect fire portals. I figured it out, I could mix the 2 and it might work.

These are the most perfect fire like portals ever, I am being completely serious. It flickers and moves exactly like fire. THIS IMAGE DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO GIVING IT CREDIT.

Anything else you may want to know please feel free to ask

If they are as great as you imply, the pics aren't giving it any credit. I'd really like to see it in motion. Could you record a short video of your portals in action?

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Ricotez wrote:
If they are as great as you imply, the pics aren't giving it any credit. I'd really like to see it in motion. Could you record a short video of your portals in action?

Working on it, I was going to but i had to have the Cable people come out and fix my connection, been having technical issues.

I will post a comparison of all 3 within a couple of hours.

ok are these skins? Where can i get them and how the hell does that look so detailed?

-Oh i found them on Fpsbanana.

zaldos wrote:
ok are these skins? Where can i get them and how the hell does that look so detailed?

-Oh i found them on Fpsbanana.

YOU CANNOT GET ANY OF THESE ON FPS BANANA THEY DELETE ALL MY FILES AND I HAVE NOT RELEASED ANY OF THESE, YOU PROBABLY FOUND PELPIX'S LEIPZEIG WHICH ISNT AS GOOD AS THIS.

Sorry for caps :)

zaldos wrote:
Ye sorry. Meant to say that. Musta forgot.

Jesus these portals lag the hell out of me.

Its perfectly alright :), also dont worry Ill probably be releasing the first 1, the fire texture #1 which was originally going into Project Beta but i think I like my newest ones the best.

The lag issue is due to Pelpix's insane particles, the particles in my newer screenshots are made by Caboosejr and are very easy on your system.

PortalFan77 wrote:
YOU CANNOT GET ANY OF THESE ON FPS BANANA THEY DELETE ALL MY FILES AND I HAVE NOT RELEASED ANY OF THESE, YOU PROBABLY FOUND PELPIX'S LEIPZEIG WHICH ISNT AS GOOD AS THIS.

Sorry for caps :)

Ye sorry. Meant to say that. Musta forgot.

Jesus these portals lag the hell out of me.

Video is done I put it on Filefront and on our Moddb profile.
http://files.filefront.com/portal+compa ... einfo.html

http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-project-beta1/videos

Omg this look nice. Can i help with anything or dont you need help?

ANTI THEFT TAG GUSY, DON'T STEAL THIS PLZ

I really hate the way you do the things you do.

Page 1 of 2Next