Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The fire of being inspired!

PreviousPage 2 of 2
CamBen wrote:
tile wrote:
i get inspired by all kinds of stuff. other games, books, music- my mod IRIS is inspired partly by the tv show LOST and partly by a few other things, like MYST.

Myst is an awesome game. I've gained inspiration from that series for a gmod map I started but never finished, and some portal outdoor areas and puzzles.

I second that. The only thing was that it was such a hassle to change discs, especially when puzzles went between areas that required disc changes.

ImageImage
srs bsnss wrote:
CamBen wrote:
tile wrote:
i get inspired by all kinds of stuff. other games, books, music- my mod IRIS is inspired partly by the tv show LOST and partly by a few other things, like MYST.

Myst is an awesome game. I've gained inspiration from that series for a gmod map I started but never finished, and some portal outdoor areas and puzzles.

I second that. The only thing was that it was such a hassle to change discs, especially when puzzles went between areas that required disc changes.

Yea, riven was the worst with the discs for me, since exile had only 2 discs and I only played the 3d version of Myst, which takes only one disc. It's been years since I played those games. (I'm really tempted to play riven again)

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

the rotating room puzzle from riven would be pretty cool to remake in portal 2. :)

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
tile wrote:
the rotating room puzzle from riven would be pretty cool to remake in portal 2. :)

Yeah I was just thinking about that...
Also that electric chair in half life 2 would make a good model for the chair in the astronomy room on Myst Island...

Myst map? Maybe....

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

you can also always use my "displace, replace, expand" method. more info here:

post99868.html?hilit=%20replace#p99868

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
PreviousPage 2 of 2