Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Take-Off

PreviousPage 8 of 8

I don't understand the greek puzzle room... What am I missing...

Thanks, kurtisss. I'm glad you like my map so much. :D

Have you seen any black and purple checker patterns on any objects? If not, don't worry about the "missing" file. That vtf is packed in one of the bsp's. If you DO see any black and purple checker patterns, I don't know what to tell you, since I've tested the latest upload, and I have no problem. The only thing I could say is to check that you're not trying to play this map in Portal 2. If you're in Portal 1, and the problem occurs, then tell me what OS you're using, I guess.

@Nintendofan9797: I'll send you a private message regarding your issue in a little while.
[EDIT: You're going to have to unblock private messages in the control panel if you want help from me. Board preferences > Edit global settings]

Oh then there is no problem since no black and purple checker patterns have been seen from this side :thumbup:
Thanks a bunch!
I was just worried about having some bug eating my files lol.
But thanks for the reply and for helping me get rid of my doubts.
Regarding the puzzles, I think I might have found an unintended solution when I

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
so that might help in the portals challenge.

I revisited this map after getting stuck a year ago.
I did manage to get into the top area this time, and even handled the Energy Ball properly.

However, there are a couple of parts that I never would have gotten without the walkthrough:

1) the part where you get a

Spoiler
but could not find a way - that was very insidious.

2) the

Spoiler
to the final top button. In a million years I would never have tried that. I spent a long time trying too.

I love the timed

Spoiler
- took me 50 tries but I finally made it.
I also loved the Disney ride to the hellhole.

In the final hellhole with the high-speed sled, I kept wondering why I was not

Spoiler
It would have that extra smoothness and cool factor that way.

One final thought - seeing the 5 parts I assumed there was 5 maps, interconnected. I finished what I thought was Level 1 and then assumed Level 2 would start. Nothing happened so I tried to start it manually - but it failed to start that way. I could not run it as a Bonus Map - tried to but it does not show up in my lists of Bonus maps. So I tried to import it but there was no BMZ file.

This was an excellent, long and difficult map which I thoroughly enjoyed.

kurtisss wrote:
Regarding the puzzles, I think I might have found an unintended solution when I
Spoiler
so that might help in the portals challenge.

That unintended solution

Spoiler

PCdoc wrote:
I love the timed
Spoiler
- took me 50 tries but I finally made it.

I would have hoped that it wouldn't have taken that many tries. Were you playing on the latest version of the map? I reduced the difficulty on that a while back.

PCdoc wrote:
...I kept wondering why I was not
Spoiler
It would have that extra smoothness and cool factor that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, but your suggested setup was the first thing I tried with that puzzle.

Spoiler

PCdoc wrote:
One final thought - seeing the 5 parts I assumed there was 5 maps, interconnected. I finished what I thought was Level 1 and then assumed Level 2 would start. Nothing happened so I tried to start it manually - but it failed to start that way. I could not run it as a Bonus Map - tried to but it does not show up in my lists of Bonus maps. So I tried to import it but there was no BMZ file.

Remember how I said in the level description that there is more to this level than meets the eye? And that is is "brimming with big secrets?" :wink: You might want to take another look at the readme in the .zip.

PCdoc wrote:
This was an excellent, long and difficult map which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Well, I dusted off Portal and decided to do another run of all the custom maps i had on it. Of course, i beat the main course of this map fairly easily, but I'm once again stuck on that colored puzzle! I give, what's the secret to the order of the colors in the room with the six colored buttons? I'm going to laugh at how easy it was, i bet.

And of course, now i'm laughing my ass off at

Spoiler

What a great map. Finally finished the puzzle,

Spoiler
, was a great way to finish it. Once again, 10/5!

Hi! Wonderful map, very much was pleasant to me. Though nerves spoiled at the end). By the way, I solved its some puzzles a little in a different way. The last button on the center in general in a different way - yours way I didn't guess.
I added video with the main differences in walk-through: http://youtu.be/y26EqTwz8AA
Good luck!

Here's a video walkthrough I did of the secret areas in Take-Off.
Needless to say, big SPOILER alert, since it gives away everything.

Spoiler

PreviousPage 8 of 8