Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Stickymod Beta Release (Sticky paint sourcemod)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Excuse the double post - would like to keep updates separate from comments for the sake of clarity.

====Update Gamma

-You're no longer crouched right up against the wall
-Fixed a bug where standing on thin floor didn't pop you out of sticky mode
-You don't stick when standing on perfectly flat floor.
-Some more streamlined robust code
-Improved setup code. (skill1.cfg for binds, launching the readme, etc)

It's a major improvement for shure :thumbup:

why doesnt this work?

i try to start it and it just comes up with yellow dots.

Wungle wrote:
why doesnt this work?

i try to start it and it just comes up with yellow dots.

Because it was made two years ago, and Portal 2 updates broke it :(

Wait, how did he mod the client and server .dll's?

Tinarg wrote:

Disassembling and reassembling.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Tinarg wrote:

Disassembling and reassembling.

How does one do that?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Disassembly
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Assembly

Falsi sumus crusto!

Wow, it's amazing! I don't know anything in game coding but disassembling the client and tweaking it doesnt sound easy at all. It's good to see they didn't completely remove the gel's code from the game. I've been looking for an adhesion gel mod, so glad to see some people are actually working on it! It has so much potential in my opinion... I even worked on underground pump station textures for it xD
Sadly I downloaded and installed it, following the instructions, and the game crashes on the loading screen. Portal 2 updates issues or did I mess something up? :S

Chyllinalex wrote:
Wow, it's amazing! I don't know anything in game coding but disassembling the client and tweaking it doesnt sound easy at all. It's good to see they didn't completely remove the gel's code from the game. I've been looking for an adhesion gel mod, so glad to see some people are actually working on it! It has so much potential in my opinion... I even worked on underground pump station textures for it xD
Sadly I downloaded and installed it, following the instructions, and the game crashes on the loading screen. Portal 2 updates issues or did I mess something up? :S

Portal 2 updates issues. :C

PreviousPage 2 of 2