Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Waving Panels

Page 1 of 2Next

A very short Single Player Map composed of two rooms.
It has 2 Lasers, many panels and four cubes. It is my first released map in my life and thats the reason why the difficult is not as hard as other maps.
Enjoy and feed back.

Screenshots:
1. http://wishuload.de/images/2nt51u-53.jpg
2. http://wishuload.de/images/2nt51v-53.jpg

File Name: sp_rabbits_waving_panels.zip
File Size: 1.08 MiB
Click here to download Waving Panels

The "raise floor" button is cool but you don't need it, since you designed it so that the exit door opens permanently as soon as you activate both laser catchers. I think you should change it so that both laser catchers have to be activated for the door to be open (or just remove the "raise floor" functionality). But it's your map, so you get to decide what you want to do with it =P

For some reason, whenever i activated the lasers(not the raise floor) everything started to lag a bit.

The initial idea is good, but needs some working, getting enough momentum is hard when the falls are so close(when you get hit against a wall its hard to fall into a portal) but getting the second laser to hit was quite a pain, always going back and forth and getting the cube to have the right direction was almost impossible(the raised floor made it even more annoying because it always threw the cube around so you have to do everything from the beginning again)

Short chamber with a shot of animated panels. Size has something weird to it, structures and blocks around the targets area seem all as thick as Stonehenge.

About what Enigmaphase is saying, try and see if you can prevent people from completing the puzzle without leaving the panels room. The first time I did it,

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
and that looked plausible. But one can actually
Spoiler
(and that takes like 2 secs, rendering the timer useless).

the hills are alive... with the sound of music
Enigmaphase wrote:
The "raise floor" button is cool but you don't need it, since you designed it so that the exit door opens permanently as soon as you activate both laser catchers. I think you should change it so that both laser catchers have to be activated for the door to be open (or just remove the "raise floor" functionality). But it's your map, so you get to decide what you want to do with it =P

Mh.. I don't understand how that happend to you.. It just works for me. I create two laser_catchers and one math_counter in the following step:

Laser_catcher 1
OnPowered | math_counter | Add | 1 | 0.00
OnUnPowered | math_counter | Substract | 1 | 0.00

Laser_catcher 2
OnPowered | math_counter | Add | 1 | 0.00
OnUnPowered | math_counter | Substract | 1 | 0.00

math_counter
keyvalues:
Initial: 0

Min: 0
Max: 2

Outputs:
OnHitMax | door | open

There is now way that doors open if just one laser_catcher is activated, is it?

Oh.. And thank you for Feedback.

Edit:
@ Kibate
Maybe there are alternative solutions for my map.. On my way that will never happen. I uploaded a youtube video to help you, helping me, to optimize my map.

wKgmEMz9DDc

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

RAgZeqnPwHE
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAgZeqnPwHE)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

Hey Djinndrache.

Thank you so much for testing and posting this video. I would never have thought about this solution.
Maybe i fix that in the future. When I have the time for.

This puzzle is a bit difficult to execute with a controller the intended way, but not so tough using Djinndrache's shortcut. Based on GlaDOS' comment, I went back to the large room to see what "fat" she had cut out, and tried to solve the puzzle without the raised floor. Boy, did I feel silly when I went back to the entrance room and saw the exit was already open.

Good ideas and clean design, but more pain in the ass maneuvering than fun. 3/5 from me.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

Great level, I had a lot of fun.

Though, I just found out (after completing the level correctly) that you may want to fix a slight bypass I found....

Spoiler
Nice level design and wave.

Be Cool, Be Awesome
Be You, Be Random

Nice map, maybe should have required continuous activation to open the door, but that might have needed another cube or something. thanks for mapping.

Page 1 of 2Next